Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap your hand off for a draw right now, what a horrible week derby week is.

Never felt this nervous about a derby for a long time. Maybe it's the fact that they are challenging us for the title, not wanting to lose our record winning run to them, United not conceding at OT, DeGea in superhuman form etc.
I would take a draw now, as the gut feeling is that we will not be allowed to win there.

My worry is what's he gonna do to combat the height issue?
They will have Lukaku, Failani and that joker Matic to target us.

I think we struggle against physicality and long balls and they are the masters of it.

If we turn up like Chelsea we can beat them easily, however I think the efforts of the past few months are showing so I can't see that kind of performance.

I would take a draw now with the points difference and stuff them at our place next year.

About the long balls + height narrative: That was also the headlines in the media before the Cold trafford game last season, and we handled it brilliantly. Otamendi in particular had one of is best games for City, and is in really good form at the minute. I would be more than happy if United went for the "long balls to Fellaini & Lukaku" tactic than if they field a pacey front three.

The teams last season at Cold Trafford:

City: Bravo (his debut), Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernandinho, KDB, Silva, Sterling, Nolito, Kelechi

Rags: DDG, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Rooney, Lingard, Zlatan.

Most of their larger players on the field, yet we dealt with the long balls just fine. We won the game 2-1 and they scored off a Bravo/Stones fuck up. Now with a better goalkeeper im not worried about GK mistakes.

I hope Jesus start ahead of Aguero.

me too as Aguero is in an awful form, so slow it's staggering. But then again he really has a history of turning against Rags, these things can be important, especially as Jesus is not setting world records of any kind recently.

My only hope is our players all turn up. That place needs to be rocking from the sky blue end as always - and with no fear. We know we can do it. We know it. They don't. They need to be shown who we are, how we play and where we're going. That being said, a defeat or draw won't end our season. Great to feel the threat up top. City can out-muscle them by keeping the ball at their feet.

The last few results have just paperd over the cracks last night we could easily been on the wrong end of a 4 or 5 nil defeat.Huddersfield Southampton and West Ham all had great chances to score .We have to bring our a game to the swamp there is no doubt about that

We got ripped apart especialy the first half last night .at times we were overwhelmed .just shows how vunreable we are without some key players
You mean without any of our first choice defence, and none of our 3 most creative midfielders?

Just read that VK has a niggle and couldn't play yesterday. That's worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.