Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Agree with all that.

I also think this was a tactical loss for pep, it served the main purposes of eliminating Napoli and resting most of our first team

Sounds daft, but taking that first loss might take a lot of pressure off the side too. The narrative for a while has been 'they have to lose sometime'.

Well part of it is simply that they're given a thankless job. We have to have a striker in the box, but they're often the only City player in there with 6 defenders so actually doing anything is almost impossible, but it gives us shape and someone to build play towards.

The other part of it just seems to be poor form. Sergio has had some great opportunities and missed, while Jesus seems to have lost that golden touch where his shots would just find the bottom corner - now they're dribbling just wide.

It's really only been a big issue since the international break, which was only 6 games ago, but it needs fixing quickly.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Sane hasn’t scored since the away win v West Brom in October, his overall play has dipped alarmingly , Sterling is carrying the team recently and it’s a worry , some of the lads are looking burnt out and it’s only just December , Kev has dropped off to a degree too.

We’ve lost the knack of scoring early which is so so important to our style of play , the longer the game goes on without us scoring against United the more vulnerable we will look, make no mistake they are a very good counter side, I’d take a draw if offered now , we can’t allow the momentum to swing , if united win we will be firmly in a battle for the title .

Correct me if I’m wrong but Sane hasn’t scored since the away win v West Brom in October, his overall play has dipped alarmingly , Sterling is carrying the team recently and it’s a worry , some of the lads are looking burnt out and it’s only just December , Kev has dropped off to a degree too.

We’ve lost the knack of scoring early which is so so important to our style of play , the longer the game goes on without us scoring against United the more vulnerable we will look, make no mistake they are a very good counter side, I’d take a draw if offered now , we can’t allow the momentum to swing , if united win we will be firmly in a battle for the title .

Burnt out!

Heard it all now. Go to a dark room and lie down until Monday as the big games are not for you.

After a couple of windows
Mangala gone
Danilo gone
Tosin gone
Bravo gone
Toure thanks legend gone
Gundogan after time maybe gone
B Silva gone
Probably a few more as well.

What are you classing as a 'couple of window's? Usually that is 2.

So January and the summer.

I will have you a £50 bet now B Silva is still here after a 'couple of windows'

Put your money where your mouth is.

Is anyone that bothered apart from. The media and the giddy vermin. We put out a weak back three and lost by one goal to a team who have an impressive home record in Europe. I only managed to catch the first half last night and I have to say that other than Fernandinho the midfield offered the defence next to no protection, which resulted in them getting dragged out of position. Toure had zero mobility and drive and was back to his disinterested self. I doubt he'll figure again, other than the last home game swan song. Roll on Sunday when hopefully it will be business as usual.

It's easy to criticise, but once again we make huge changes, and the drop off is considerable. We actually only lost because of a keeper error, and a post intervened.

This is the top level, away in Europe, in a game that to us meant nothing really, other than pride. 3 young lads got a decent run out and showed enough to be considered first team squad. Out of the three Tosin looks furthest away but I thought he finished the game well.

Judge the other players when it's one or two changes, not 7 or 8.

I enjoyed it personally.

In a dead rubber game it was nice to see a few things.

Yaya is finished
Gundo and Bernardo just not at the right level as yet
Tosin improved in second half
Diaz looked really good in his cameo
Foden although out of position got a great 90 mins under his belt in the first team, invaluable experience.

That’s about it.

Absolutely spot on

From most to least ideal in my eyes:

Basel
Sevilla
Porto
Bayern
Juventus
Real Madrid

Foden and Diaz were the highlights. Great penalty from Sergio. Touré, Managala and Adarabioyo will all be likely to leave in the summer.

We threw this game away, so why be upset about not winning it? If we'd wanted to, we could've- that was pretty much a second team and Shaktar only managed a 1-goal victory, and we were still better than them in the second half.

Last night was all about avoiding injuries and a run out for 2nd stringers. Hopefully we'll be reporting back injury free and it was clear that those who haven't played of late were completely lacking in match endurance. Our midfield presence all but evaporated every time they ran at us and is more about the reality of Bernardo, Yaya and Ilkay not getting enough comparative match play than them not being good enough.

Of all the performances of late it is Sane that concerns me most. His cheap surrendering of possession is become an ever increasing hole in our bucket. The corner from which West Ham eventually scored was as a direct result of him making a sloppy side pass and for what seems like the last 2 months he's been offering less and less.

I'm also glad our loss was last night as it is one less thing for the press to ramp up the pressure on.

Of all the performances of late it is Sane that concerns me most. His cheap surrendering of possession is become an ever increasing hole in our bucket. The corner from which West Ham eventually scored was as a direct result of him making a sloppy side pass and for what seems like the last 2 months he's been offering less and less.

I just put finger to phone to start writing that almost word for word. Up to last night, i've put it down to the lack of space behind the defenders when teams are parked on their 6 and 18 yard lines denying him the runs that he is so good at. But he seems to me to be increasingly uninterested and a bit petulant.

I should imagine that he'll have more to go at with the rags defence notwithstanding their parked bus so we'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.