Our strength in depth.

I think it's fine. As we all now know Mangala needs to be replaced ASAP and the legend Yaya - his time is up. As others have said, game time is crucial for B. Silva not only that he has to settle in Manchester as well. It takes people longer than we expect to slot in seamlessly. Next season we will see the best of him. And Gundogan if he stays clear of injury. Diaz looks absolutely ready for the first team, Foden maybe another year to mature and muscle up. The future is bright.

This ^^^^

The thread is just noise
Is that correct though. All of these players are drilled and coached together every day by the best team of coaches in foootball. It’s not like they are strangers. They should understand tactics and positional intelligence as well as our first team (whilst allowing for the fact that some have worked longer with Pep than others).

b silva could play in the d silva role maybe not an improvement but a very very good player,gunda could play in the kdb or ferna role same again not an upgrade but a high quality player,what we cant judge is a team with 6/7 changes and expect everyone to be brilliant especially against a team as good as shaktar.

we need a lb that's our priority ,sanchez would enhance the forwards and a cb.

we don't need anymore attacking midfielders because if you look around how many are as good as gunda and b silva who would want to play 2nd fiddle to d silva and kdb

Is that correct though. All of these players are drilled and coached together every day by the best team of coaches in foootball. It’s not like they are strangers. They should understand tactics and positional intelligence as well as our first team (whilst allowing for the fact that some have worked longer with Pep than others).
Strength in depth isn't having 2 teams at the same level, it's about being able to bring players in 2s or 3s and still be able to win, which we have.

Strength in depth isn't having 2 teams at the same level, it's about being able to bring players in 2s or 3s and still be able to win, which we have.
Where did the arbitrary number 2 or 3 come from. There are times due to fixture congestion and injuries we need to dig far deeper. My only disappointment this season is seeing our performance levels dip whenever we don’t play our best 11. I know it will improve, maybe I’m just impatient.

Agree any team would struggle if they dropped most of the team. It's whether there is a noticeable drop if only a few are changed. This very point was discussed on Sam Lee's twitter yesterday.

Our strength in depth is not an issue, we have very good players to feed into the team but when you make 8 or 9 changes there is no cohesion i think for the Leicester cup game Pep should only make 2 or 3 changes instead of the wholesale rotation we have witnessed , we have 13 certainties for the match day squad with the addition of Bernardo , Gundagon , Danilo who will all come good given time and then Diaz, Foden and Zinchenko are the future of the club along with Maffeo at Girona .Players like Yaya , Bravo , Vinny and Aguero will all be leaving over the next couple of seasons and knowing Pep he will be watching potential replacements already. Never been so optimistic about the future of the club we have a manager who is planning long term ,and not cobbling a team together to win a couple of 2nd rate cups to fill the trophy cabinet to appease the owners and glory hunting supporters , that would be small time ,and that would be the Swampdwellers.

Hopefully someone could prove me wrong but we do seem short in numbers in comparison to those across the road which does not give you much wriggle room in the event of injury or loss of form. As an example with one injury to Stones we have become reliant on an injury prone Kompany and a player who was open to offers in the summer. Similarly one injury at left back and we have dragged in a midfielder who also for sale in the summer.

I know this is Peps way and he likes a small pool of players and is innovative in finding solutions but I just hope we can succesfully through this period without further problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.