Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Some crazy reactions on here considering they were probably told don't get injured or banned. You could see we weren't really interested in getting anything vs a side that needed a point minimum.

Actually most of the reactions on here are fairly moderate and sensible compared to what was on the match thread. I couldn't watch the game, so I'm not going to comment on it, but I briefly logged on to the match thread to get an idea of what was going on – when I saw the ton of absolute shite that was being posted (it made it sound as if we were just about to get relegated) I immediately logged off again, and just kept the BBC site open to follow the score.

We lost! We did better than I thought we would though.
That said Danilo surprised me with how poor he was. Gungogan does nothing for me and proved it and Bernardo needs more game time as there were flashes of excellence un his play.
Foden was better than OK as a left back but he should have been in midfield! Needs must I supose.
Diaz was excellent as an attacking threat and after an early scare Tosin did OK too.

1) Wouldn’t surprise me if Mansour & Khaldoon we’re very happy to see Napoli shipped to the EL after their Chairman’s comments.
2) Did anyone honestly think that City were really going “all out” to win the game?
3) Apparently, the sky is falling because City wrapped up their #1 position in their CL group early and could play the reserves in the Ukraine a few days before rather derby....and lost their first game in 30, dating back to last season!
4) #3 above is the evening’s takeaway from the dead rubber for the rag media who is itching for a close PL race this year between City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool.
5) Guardiola has lost his mojo. (Media)
6) City can’t score anymore...Aguero will be sold (Media)
7) OMFG...what are we going to do????

Been at work all day, settled in to read about the game and decided to check the papers and tinternet before coming here. Anyone would think we had just lost our 29th out of 30 games and been dumped out of the CL, with £1Billion worth of players on the field if they had gone by the papers. Then, in here, there are some doing a wobble about certain individuals, most of whom have barely played a competitive game, let alone a CL game away in the Ukraine against a team that was in a “must win” position.

Stunning to see the reactions of so many. Then, I saw the Mike Riley video from the Utd vs Arsenal game and the Clattenburg performance in the Chelsea vs Spurs game, and it made me nauseous to see Oliver reffing the derby! Almost writes itself, doesn’t it? So, who will get the red card, how early, and who will give up the inevitable penalty (at the Stretford End, of course)? Oh, and who will suffer the season ending injury from a challenge that doesn’t even get a yellow card?

I’m REALLY looking forward to the ACTUAL FOOTBALL MATCH, but fear the numerous, and massive, subplots might overshadow the actual event. You know, other than every rag pundit coming out and badmouthing us, Pep getting called a liar by Mourinho, and half the United team having something to say about how they are going to end us on Sunday.

Can’t make it up...

Serious question.

After last nights defeat, did anyone lose any sleep?

1. I'm more bothered about them derby and a win.
2. I'm more bothered about 14 wins in a row.
3. I'm more bothered about avoiding Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Juventus in the CL draw on Monday.
Certainly didn't lose any sleep and actually enjoyed watching the game knowing the result didn't matter, with the added bonus of good performances from the youngsters who played. The main concerns were the performances of a couple of more senior players who need replacing as soon as possible, but they won't be a problem this Sunday.

All in all, we played some decent football against a decent side, the only complaint being the lack of chances created in the first half.

Shocking first half performance, much better intensity in the 2nd. Certainly helped when he went to a back 2. Would have been nice to get a draw and keep the unbeaten run. Although could be the monkey off the back to start playing again. Tosin was very poor first half, clearly not happy in the 3, was a huge improvement 2nd. Sane looked to be going through the motions and gave the ball away too cheaply first half. Yaya didnt even realise he was playing first half.
Although not really bothered we're qualified.

Am I the only one who think Brahim was fucking mugged in the penalty area by the defender behind him grabbing his wrist and twisting it up his back when Jesus hit the post? I thought it was a nailed on penalty!
Eddie was definitely told, do not injure yourself or get a red card last night. First time I've seen him pull out of a 50/50 he would have won. The Bernard shot was decent but I thought he should have got a glove on it. Seemed to go directly above him in the end. Anyway means fuck all apart from Napoli going out. I hope that fucking clown of a chairman of theirs practices his winks in the crowd the ****.
Basel in the next round please.

Where as Pep made a terrible mess of things last year in Monaco this year he's played a blinder.
Sent a team that could have gotten a result but inside , having seen them at ours, knew we'd lose.
There was no way he was going to risk the rags ending our run.
Blooded the kids, no injuries or cards, rested the big players.
Love it.
Well done Pep.

Gungogan is a big question and looks miles off from what we signed him and is early games last season maybe the injury has took its toll and he will not be the player he was maybe game time is needed and a good run in the first team but at the moment looks way off and unfit

spent last night thinking and the champions league games before the weekend games in the premier league and we have had some really hard games this season and then had to go again in the league cup and my thinking was the squad is not that big and do we really have a 2nd team yes mendy stones are a big loss but the cover for full backs is weak and up top we need another striker and midfield so maybe we are not the finished article so its going to be a big winter transfer window for me and the need for 3 players must be added

last night game was just a nothing game and city had nothing to win or prove and they had to win or get a point so they was always going to be on the front foot looking to win and the first half was a shamble and the city players never come out of the dressing room and was all over the place and it could have been worst at half time but in the 2nd half we had a go and looked a good shout for getting something but without that need for winning we just could not rise and take the game

so job done and hope everybody is ok and we need to start thinking about the derby game but for me its just another game and we take it like we have all season and will not change it and just be the attacking team looking to win the game and on the front foot let them change and rethink how to play vs manchester city

Only read the first 12 pages so sorry if already covered but have you seen the MUEN player ratings? Diaz gets a 5/10 with many others even less. Absolute madness.

That was Shakhar's last game before a 2 month winter shut down. So not only did they have to get at least a point they didn't have to worry about their next match which meant they could play hell for leather. This gave them an advantage even if we played a full strength team knowing we had a crucial match at the weekend. Ultimately the 2 month winter shut down gives teams in the CL an advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.