Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

For all those people who said the result didn't matter, I would just ask why did we all bother to watch it in the first place then?

I did because I want to see City win, each and every time, regardless of whether it be the kids or our ladies.

I don't expect us to win every game, but the minimum I expect is to at least try to?

If nothing else, that certain players should step up to the mark and show the manager he doesn't need to rely on the core 12 or 13 players every game.

Mugging the game off as fans is one thing, but these type of performances have ramifications for our best eleven, being forced to play the majority of games, the injuries, fatigue and suspensions this will invariably result in.

They failed, miserably in that regard, simply because a team that consisted of circa £270m worth of players, still couldn't provide the manager with any real reason to trust them, both in terms of talent and even the regular team template.

There is correlation with last night and our League Cup game/Champions League games with West Brom/Wolves and Feyenoord (H).

The drop off in quality is massive and we could pay for that.

Kudos to Diaz and Foden and Tosin got better in the second period after the tactical tweak.

As for Yaya and Mangala, we know they should have been binned in the summer.

More worryingly, we have players worth a combined £90m in Gundogan, Silva and Danilo who are seriously struggling and were bought for games such as last night.

For all those people who said the result didn't matter, I would just ask why did we all bother to watch it in the first place then?

I did because I want to see City win, each and every time, regardless of whether it be the kids or our ladies.

I don't expect us to win every game, but the minimum I expect is to at least try to?

If nothing else, that certain players should step up to the mark and show the manager he doesn't need to rely on the core 12 or 13 players every game.

Mugging the game off as fans is one thing, but these type of performances have ramifications for our best eleven, being forced to play the majority of games, the injuries, fatigue and suspensions this will invariably result in.

They failed, miserably in that regard, simply because a team that consisted of circa £270m worth of players, still couldn't provide the manager with any real reason to trust them, both in terms of talent and even the regular team template.

There is correlation with last night and our League Cup game/Champions League games with West Brom/Wolves and Feyenoord (H).

Kudos to Diaz and Foden and Tosin got better in the second period after the tactical tweak.

More worryingly, we have players worth a combined £90m in Gundogan, Silva and Danilo who are seriously struggling and were bought for games such as last night.

Cannot argue with any of that, them 3 need a rocket up their arse. I liked how fast Tosin was though he can move for a big lad.

you can't expect them to sit out for 3 games and then suddenly jump in and start with a couple of kids and be capable of the level they reached when we bought, when they played every week in much better sides in their preferred position.

The first half will be a good Plan B formation if we get another LB and would suit Bernardo if he actually played in it with first-teamers. If we're not prepared to use him properly then why expect him to play properly?

Tosin will not be at the club next season.

Gundogan just needs game time. He will get there. Same with Bernardo. Not sure its best putting him out wide.

Danilo isn't great. Getting the picture he was a panic buy after the Dani Alves deal went tits up.

you can't expect them to sit out for 3 games and then suddenly jump in and start with a couple of kids and be capable of the level they reached when we bought, when they played every week in much better sides in their preferred position.

The first half will be a good Plan B formation if we get another LB and would suit Bernardo if he actually played in it with first-teamers. If we're not prepared to use him properly then why expect him to play properly?

I do expect them to be able to do the basic fundamentals, regardless of a lack of game time.

For quite a few of them, they seemed incapable of passing consistently to a team-mate, and the positional sense was scary at times.

What excuse did our kids have, they play even less than the likes of Bernardo, Gundo and Danilo, who also have huge Champions League experience, yet they busted a gut to try and leave a lasting imprint for the manager.

Having said that the stats follow our recent PL trend;

Possession 67%
Shots 10
Shots on target 2

Whereas our opponents had 13 shots with 6 on target.

Accuracy of shooting is approaching last seasons critical level.

Having said that the stats follow our recent PL trend;

Possession 67%
Shots 10
Shots on target 2

Whereas our opponents had 13 shots with 6 on target.

Accuracy of shooting is approaching last seasons critical level.

Don't you feel those possession stats are majorly skewed as most of it was inside our own half, with Shakhtar not even pressing us that high, as once they scored, they knew we needed two and appeared happy to go through the motions.

I do agree we are struggling to put chances away, but last night we never really created until the last five.

Only read the first 12 pages so sorry if already covered but have you seen the MUEN player ratings? Diaz gets a 5/10 with many others even less. Absolute madness.

Some of these ratings are just laughable. The DT regularly, after we have stuffed someone, have a collective rating higher than ours. The RDAHMeedya are frightened to death of the likes of Diaz and Foden becoming the mainstay of a City side - so mark 'em down and they hope we might listen to their rancid shit and move 'em on. It ain't gonna happen! I thought they both did rather well last night and Tosin wasn't far behind.

The problem with last night was we allowed Shakhtar to get a grip of the game and the fact we couldn't deliver a shot in the first half is the kiss of death in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.