Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's never played centrally in his entire career, so I'm not sure why everyone's saying he has to play there.

Where do you think he played tonight out of interest?

He played as a left footed RAM for Monaco, most often cutting inside so the full back could overlap. City tend to play with 'correct' footed wingers who take on the opposition fullbacks to aim to get into a crossing position. Bernardo having to cut back on to his preferred foot slows down those type of attacks.

So we could change our style of play to give Bernardo more support from the full back when he's on the wing. But why do that when our style of play has been so devastating this season? That leaves the alternative of finding places in our current system that Bernardo's style of play suits. I personally think he's closer to Silva in style than any of our other senior players and should be tried when David needs a rest instead of Gundogan. He might also do better on the left flank where he'd be on his correct side.

You can see there is a talented player in him but he is just not doing enough for me at the minute, hes got my sympathy though because its hard when you dont get a good run of games. Hopefully its similar to Sane where it just clicks all of a sudden.

On a side note why on earth does he play wide right? Cant recall him ever using his right peg and its far too easy for him to go missing.

Got to say after seeing him last year I was very excited for him but he just doesn’t seem up to the task in this league. I get he has hardly played but when Pep says he’s ready whenever I would expect to see him step up when he does play

He's missing Mendy massively. Playing Mendy means we can play with two attacking fullbacks which means B. Silva isn't needed for width and can come inside way more freely like he did at Monaco.

He was outstanding in the 4-0 at Feyenoord. That's the player we signed

Sad state of affairs when a £50 million player can’t perform because another player is out injured

Shaktar doubled up on him. He had no space. He doesn't have the pace to get down the line so depends on a drop of the shoulder. For that he needs the full back bombing on to pull away a marker. Danilo got beyond him twice in the whole game.

He hasn't had the effect I thought he would. Nowhere near ready to go in midfield yet. He has a lot of work to do, the lad.

Sad state of affairs when a £50 million player can’t perform because another player is out injured
Thought I'd not seen you in a while.

First loss and boom here you are having a dig at a player.

Edit: just checked, no posts since August until our first defeat. Pmsl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.