CL draw - Basel

Now we turn our attention to the next round. Games will be played 13/14 and 20/21 February with return matches played 6/7 and 13/14 March.

Pot 1
Manchester United
PSG
Roma
Barca
Liverpool
Manchester City
Besiktas
Spurs

Pot 2
Basel
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Juventus
Sevilla
Shaktar
Porto
Real Madrid

On paper the easiest games would probably be Basel or Porto. Personally I would like to draw Bayern. I think they are there for the taking this season and I would love to visit the Allianz. I’ve heard really good things.

Who does everyone else want?
I want to win some money so I'm slinging £20 on the rags getting either basel or porto.

Not bothered about all this percentage bull. To be the best at some point you must face and beat the best. Eleven v eleven and one ball.........we already have advantage of second leg at home......BRING IT ON....Let everyone fear us ......

This and only this
If we get any of those I'm going for a week.
Not going to Turin again, it's a shithole, would have a think about Munich and Madrid

Yeah, from a travel point of view Juventus would probably be the worst draw. Been both times we've played them recently (2010 & 2015) and never really enjoyed Turin.

They cant get Basel, played them in the groups.
A straight 20 on porto it is then.
I won 40 on them getting bristol in the cup. If it's bent, might as well make a few quid out of the corrupt bastards.

Not bothered about all this percentage bull. To be the best at some point you must face and beat the best. Eleven v eleven and one ball.........we already have advantage of second leg at home......BRING IT ON....Let everyone fear us ......
I don't follow that logic really. Against the elite teams, you have to constantly field your best players. With difficult pl games too, it's harder than playing the likes of Basel where one or two can be rested.

The difference between air fares on the 1st and 2nd weeks is huge - cause of school holidays. Really want the week of 20/21st February

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.