Centre back options

Isn't Lucas Hernandez a done deal already as our left footed CB coming in? I think the second one will be in January and Pep will try to buy the most ideal CB with some experience for cover this season and some upside as an addition to Stones, Otamendi and Lucas Hernandez for next year.

Ideal solution is to rely on Mangala and Tosin until Stones return.

If they fail, let Walker fill it for a while.

What's interesting to me is that for a period fernandihno played CB. Pep preferred him over Mangala to play that role until we went ahead. So im thinking maybe we are ok at CB if you have Stones, Otamendi, Mangala, Kompany with fernandihno and walker also able play there. It seems to me given how poor Toure has been that we need a DM in January. To rotate with fernandihno and to play with him should fernandihno be used at CB.

For me priority in January is DM and LB. Let Toure leave in January and bring in a new DM.

Ideal solution is to rely on Mangala and Tosin until Stones return.

If they fail, let Walker fill it for a while.

How would this possibly be ideal? We're trying to win the league and give ourselves a shot to win in the champions league, if we can buy one of our summer centerback targets in January we obviously should.

How would this possibly be ideal? We're trying to win the league and give ourselves a shot to win in the champions league, if we can buy one of our summer centerback targets in January we obviously should.

Concur, doubt very much (market willing, of course) that City wait until summer but could also be a short term solution with a veteran CB

I’d be amazed if we didn’t try and get a CB next window. Sad to say but Kompany can’t be relied on, Mangala is just ok. To me squad weakness here and left back need urgently addressing if this is going to be a truly great season.

What about David Luiz from Chelsea? I can see how he would do great in a Pep-system. Also quite versatile.
For some reason he's fallen out of favour with Conte. He's actually a good defender and takes a very good free kick. He could also fill in for Fern in the DM role. So I imagine he would be on the list of potential candidates.

For some reason he's fallen out of favour with Conte. He's actually a good defender and takes a very good free kick. He could also fill in for Fern in the DM role. So I imagine he would be on the list of potential candidates.

That's how I see it.
He's 30, - may or may not have some disciplinary issues... but for a two year contract he surely could be of interest.

Our fit CBs right now are Otamendi, Mangala and Tosin.

Stones out until after Christmas and Kompany our probably a month at least.

At least Tosin will get another chance.

It’s quiet clear we should buy a CB in January and another one in the summer. Yes we might manage and play Walker or Danilo there but an injury to one of them means we have one for RB to play 3 games a week.

Buy a CB in January or at least ask for Luiz on loan from Chelsea until the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.