Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hasnt become in sync with the team. Still a lack of confidence. I don't feel I can count on him when it matters, for eg when he got 1 v 1 with De Gea, you knew he would stuff it up somehow - reminiscent of when Jesus Navas was on 1v1 with the keeper - there was never any confidence in him. And I guess that's why Pep has him as a squad player.

He was instrumental in how we wasted 4 minutes at the one corner flag. He has good ball retention. The goals will come when he gets a run of games.

He's had a year less to get used to Pep's system. He needs some more time, that's all.

Wish he scored. A goal could've done a lot for his confidence.
Surely, that was the reason he didn’t pull the trigger?! Even my daughter would have taken the shot earlier, and if it had gone in, we wouldn’t have needed to waste time in the corners....even though it was hilarious watching Young lose his rag!

He's had a year less to get used to Pep's system. He needs some more time, that's all.
He needs to be told that unless he is taking someone on in and around the box, he is not allowed more than two touches! His overelaboration is doing my head in! That breakaway was Dzeko 1-6 Part Deux, without the finish.

Oh, and what a fucking silver salver ball by KDB...which is now no longer extolled, because he is so brilliant he always pulls that shit!

You can tell watching him that he had no pre season and a lack of game time think this kid will be brilliant for us once he settles properly though

Seems like a slower version of Nasri at the moment.

Was he a consistently brilliant player for Monaco in the French league last season?

He was spellbinding in their matches against us in the Champions' League but he appears noticeably slower and weaker in our side thus far.

Hopefully it's nothing more than him adjusting to a new team, league and country.

I think this is David Silva's best form since he signed for City. I know he was brilliant when he used to play for Mancini & Pellegrini as attacking midfielder but once Pep pushed him back to play deeper as CM he has done much better.

I think Bernardo will be the same, he will excel when playing in the middle to replace Silva or KDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.