Swansea (A) Post Match Thread

Just got back (to Newport) I felt so privileged watching that performance and the scary thing is those players were still in 2nd gear. David got to be the best player at city of all time. Was drinking in the harvester next to the stadium after the game and the Swansea fans said they had never seen football like it. They said you guys get to watch this every week! The Swansea fans just wanted to talk about us. Great to see Pep getting the players to come over at the end. Great turn out in South Wales for a Wednesday night game. I hear there were plenty of empty seats at the rags.

When Fernandinho came off he wasn’t even sweating or out of breath. He looked like he’d just stepped off the team bus.

Joy to watch. Silva is on another planet.
Best player in the Prem - has been since he joined us (even Gary Neville says so). He controls the game for us - and Spain, in the same way Platini (before he got embroiled in football politics) used to for Juve and France. Him and Kevin - two Rolls Royce players. When David isn't playing it stands out a mile.

Andolutely magnificent once again. We’re an absolute joy to watch at the moment.

I was at St James Park for the last game of the season in 1968 and at Wembley the following year so like you, have a few years under my belt. I was thinking the same as you state above, but I'm going to reserve judgement on the best team ever, until this Pep team has won trophies. Regarding Silva, now he is scoring I think he sits alongside Colin Bell. This team looks unstoppable.
Yep so was I, as much as I love Silva, I never thought I would see a better player than Colin playing for City but i have now, my childhood hero has been replaced, long live the king.

Colin would play in this team. He used to run the sort of distances that the current City team does with incredible speed - a goalscoring box to box midfielder with exquisite skill and a vicious and accurate shot.

Looks like David is finally doing something about the only weakness in his game - I've said for a long time now that if David would score goals, you could put him next to Messi and Ronaldo as one of the best players to grace the game during the last 10 years

Yeh I get that totally but there are comments when we were playing. One fan said he/she was match hopping!!! Not a biggy, just dont get it
Once people realised we were going to win, they turned their attentions to the Utd match in the hope that Bournemouth could equalise and extend our lead over them to 13 points. I personally didn't match hop but I did keep my eye on the current scores in the top corner of the screen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.