Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be fair - media have muc, much more Rags as readers than City fans. Not offering their customers what they want would be a stupid business from them. If you had cellphone shop and iphones were selling as crazy, you wouldn't put more Samsungs inside. So, expecting media to have more of our articles than United's is unrealistic and the covering we're receiving now is pretty good. Many do it problbly with very hard heart but they don't have a choice but zo give us plaudits.

I imagine even the most anti-City journalists out there realise it’d look pretty churlish to downplay our achievements so far this season. Except Alyson Rudd and Duncan Castles, obviously, but it’s hard to take them seriously.

Are those two journalists ?

I'm not that upset by our news coverage today but I do have one pet peeve.

"Within 11 points"

No.

How can such a simple word, within, not be understood by so many journalists?

They aren't within 11 points, Christ, they aren't even exaxtly 11 points behind, they're actually more than 11 points behind thanks to goal difference.

They are within 12 points of us (for now).

Only Thierry Henry jumped on the reality of the situation at the weekend which is we played very well and could of won by many but we didn't even play Aguero and had a makeshift defence which was composed of two midfielders at one point. No-one has said a single thing about us having the best defence in the country yet Delph isn't a left back and Mangala hasn't proper played for us in a year! It really is ridiculous how dominant we have been so far.

Imagine if Mendy, Stones and Aguero had been playing and firing all cylinders? That United team at the weekend was mostly at full strength and would Pogba of made a big difference, probably not. That is why they won't win the league, they just haven't got enough in the tank to win all their games, they struggled last night but managed to win and that has been their story for most of the season so far.

The media will cling on to things but at the end of the day we would have maximum points if we hadn't had one crap game against Everton where we battered them and deserved to win despite having to play with 10 men.

Most of the media are total cowards when it comes to the rags.
They played along with moyes the chosen one until enough united fans turned on him, then they joined in. Same with lvg.
When enough of the 659 million get pissed off with pegs tactics and excuses for the shite that's being served up, they'll be there like a shitbag booting a bloke who's already beaten.
I said that when he took the gig, by the end of his 3rd season in charge, he'll have fucked the club up badly.

Was listening to that idiot Jamie Jackson earlier on Hawksbie & Jacob, He was plugging some weird fiction book he's written. Its sounds fuckin shite and written badly. Anyway he went on record to say Rags accuse him of being a biased City reporter. And he does get City fans saying the same thing. Even as a non agenderist i thought he had some nerve saying that.

Martin Samuel is , in my opinion , the best sports journo out their . Never had an agenda, just called it how it was.
Whether calling out FFP for what it was, unlike many other writers who took great glee in seeing it as a way of stopping city or giving it the rags when others were scared to do so.

He’s slagged city when he thought it was needed and praised in equal amounts.

Top journalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.