Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most on here that Aguero is twice the player Jesus is right now. At this point, he is still our most reliable goalscorer and a player I believe would be extremely hard to replace.

I would question how reliable a goalscorer he is these days. This is probably the heart of the problem Guardiola faces too.

2 goals in open play since September.

Last season he only scored 6 goals in nearly 6 months between September and March.

When he's on it, he's the best striker around, but you can't go months without scoring and be a reliable source of goals, and these days I'm not sure how often he's really on it.

Mind, none of them are sharing minutes with other players.

Bit of a chicken & egg situation that - if Aguero was putting up their numbers he wouldn't be sharing minutes.

Hindsight is so wonderful isn't it ? Yes Jesus worked hard when he came on,shit penalty,but Aguero has missed the odd one I suppose,but this lad is slowly being squeezed out by Guardiola,plenty can see this,quite a few don't want to see it,others will think it is bollocks,but something not right,but a few will comment about him lumbering around blah blah blah,be trying to convince us that Sterling is best finisher at the club soon.......

A lot of shite in this response. Firstly, nobody needs hindsight to know that Jesus would high press better than Aguero. All you need is eyes and a basic understanding of football. Penalty irrelevant and I didn't mention anything about that. Sterling irrelevant and I didn't mention that either. I don't think Pep fancies Aguero that much, he's pretty wasteful in front of goal at the moment and isn't performing his tactical instructions (pressing) so if he's being 'squeezed out' then it's his own fault that only he can fix. The same thing was happening when Jesus signed, Aguero spent some time on the bench and came back in probably the best form of his City career, in terms of all round game. He needs to get back to that level and if he doesn't he'll be subbed or on the bench, it's that simple. He's a legend of the club and I want him to stay forever, but he's a bit below the required level at the moment. He'll find the level if he wants to. His injury probably explains a lot too.

If we had Alexis right now, I think Jesus and Aguero would be on the bench. Both out of form, but Jesus does more for the team.

I think he's miffed. rightly so, he's twice the player Jesus is at this time. Jesus is the future, we should be milking Aguero whilst we have him.
He was taken off because he was no longer the force he was in the first half. probably ran out of juice. When Jesus arrived we improved greatly and after a sticky patch ran out convincing winners. We have five games up until Jan 2 lots of game time for both men.

Not jumping these bandwagons anymore, Otamendi is shite, Sterling is shite, kompany needed to be sold, Delph is no use anymore... Aguero works bloody hard, I watch him celebrate, really celebrate the teams successes , he doesn't score every chance but nor does Jesus. In a CL final I know who we would want at the critical time, experience counts for a lot.

It showed he cares,and like I said it is the first time,but tell me who you would have as a replacement then ?
I'd replace him with a hard working for 90 mins Aguero. It's up to him to put Pep's instructions into practice consistently. Don't get me wrong - it's fine margins and he's still playing well; but the bar is so high now.

pep explained he needed fresh legs for the press,no more no less,any player who is content to be subbed should not be playing the game,they should all want to be playing every minute,we have had all this crap with pep and sergio for nearly 2 yrs,give it up,he has had broken rib and nearly passed out on international duty and is carrying an injury

Aguero is going on 30, so if he left and we replaced him with, say, Icardi, I don't think it would take long for us all to move on.

I think he's miffed. rightly so, he's twice the player Jesus is at this time. Jesus is the future, we should be milking Aguero whilst we have him.

He is and they both bring something different to the team. Every game for me I’d start Aguero and like Saturday bring Jesus on for him, Both of them should play especially at home against 95% of the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.