Pep's contract situation

Assuming this story isn't complete bollocks I think you've nailed it there. In a couple of post match interviews, without being prompted, Pep has gone out of his way to thank the owners and the management at City for "getting" him these wonderful players. Without wishing to perpetuate Keown's MOTD paintbrush analogy, if you see Pep as a football artist then City gives him all the paint and brushes it is humanly possible to get, FFP permitting, and the freedom to paint what he likes.

Where else is he going to get that?

0156_0001_sistine-altar-2-2.jpg

A little something Pep knocked off after the Swansea game ;-)

With all these sources saying the same thing, it must be a briefing from the club.

Maybe won’t stay 10 ten years but it’s clear the club want him to build a dynasty, I could see him staying another 5 years after this season. All the younger players will reach their prime and Foden and Diaz will break through and maybe some more. Leaving sooner doesn’t make sense.

This is a clever move by City. They presumably have some indication he would agree to an extension. It will not be for 10 years. Nobody plans that far ahead. But any extension is great news. And tossing the 10 years idea out there demoralises the hell out of the rest of the PL at a time when they are grasping at any hope they can get that they will be able to catch up with where we are going. Happy Christmas Jose.

Perhaps he can Head Coach for 3-4 more years then move into a CFG role where he can provide and implement a template for coaching and player development across CFG members so that they follow the same standards, are aiming for the same goals and therefore we get a consistent coaching and player output. That's a role I think he would be ideal for. Taking his version of the Cruyff blueprint and actually giving it to the world.
This, I believe is the plan.

Where else is he going to get carte blanche to do as he pleases? The club have been working towards his arrival for years, now everything is in place, record breaking win run in the Prem, An academy that is beginning to bare fruit of the highest kind ( Foden, Diaz etc...) with the promise of much, much more to come, financially self sufficient, a young and improving squad that will get better and better. It's now or never

Khaldoon and Soriano invited a few selected members into the Tunnel Club before the game on Saturday.

They have received enough to suggest it will be closer to a decade than three years.

There is also great news coming on KDB and Jesus.

Pep and his staff don't believe there is anything else out there for them for the foreseeable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.