Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His main strenngth is his high press resistance and his ability to spot a pass. He would fit into Pep Guardiola's system as long as he is willing to learn. With the options already available to him when he has the ball, he would look very good. If he does leave us I hope he joins Manchester City.

His main weaknesss for me at the moment is that he dwells on the ball a bit too much sometimes but that can be fixed easily by Pep Guardiola.

Where do you think he'll play most in the future, defensive midfield or attacking midfield?

Where do you think he'll play most in the future, defensive midfield or attacking midfield?

I have a feeling he will play further forward. As for him joining City, I think Pep Guardiola might be inclined to play him further forward rather than as a holder becuase of the way City defend.

Stopping counter attacks is their defensive perogative so I think a more mobile #6 would be preferable which is why I think Fernandinho is being currently underrated by a lot of the masses.

I have a feeling he will play further forward. As for him joining City, I think Pep Guardiola might be inclined to play him further forward rather than as a holder becuase of the way City defend.

Stopping counter attacks is their defensive perogative so I think a more mobile #6 would be preferable which is why I think Fernandinho is being currently underrated by a lot of the masses.

Ok cool. I just can't see us getting De Jong then when we already have Silva, KDB, Gundogan & Bernardo Silva competing for those spots and Pep in love with Foden by all accounts Who also plays there.

they get a great footballing education at Ajax.

I'd imagine if he has the physicality to play here, he'd have no problem with the demands Guardiola places tactically and mentally on a player in his position.

He looks quick and strong. Get him in.

Didn't he play as CB in the last two games ?

I’d be willing to plunk down €25M of Mansour’s money on that YouTube video!!!

Big lad, light in his feet, strength enough to hold off a challenge, and can find a pass. Holds onto the ball a bit much for Pep, but knows which way forward is, which is very helpful to the way we play!

Ok, €30M it is, but no more than €35M, OK?!

Looks taylor made for us.
Im sure Pep knows all about him.
Be good to have a De Jong in the team again as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.