Leicester (a) Carabao Cup QF post match thread

Agreed, if we're 1-0 up with just minutes to go in the CL final. YaYa would be on for me.

The dynamism is all but gone. But he still offers plenty.

Tonight I thought Gundogan & Silva stepped up. Jesus grafted his nuts off.

Danilo looked solid and then very composed at centre half.

Foden & Diaz looked like decent pros rather than giddy young kids. They'll be very useful and that is more promising tonne than a couple of highlights. They suited the team and the team trusted them.

Like Zinchenko, nice footballer.

Tosin was good tonight and was good second half vs Shakhtar, perhaps it's time to give him a shout in Stones' absence.
Hell no on Tosin. Too poor on the ball. Made Mangala look like Beckenbauer at times with some of his passes.

Yeah I agree no matter what he does his languid style will make people think he is slowing us down. There was a point tonight where he missed Danilo out and played it further wide to Silva but in order to find the angle, he took an extra touch. Within 5 seconds there was a comment on the match thread about him slowing play down.....Even though if he had have passed to Danilo he would have only played it to Silva anyway....which ironically would have taken longer.

He is different to our usual quickfire 3.

But if any of the other mids playing tonight, had been in Yaya's position, with sometimes two Leicester players barging into them, ten yards from our box, they would mostly come 2nd best, lose the ball & we would be in trouble. Yaya kept cleaning it up.

That's before we even talk about the passes, some of which were beautiful imo.

Hell no on Tosin. Too poor on the ball. Made Mangala look like Beckenbauer at times with some of his passes.

Please don't use the words Beckenbauer and Mangala in the same sentence ever again.

Great performance by the kids. Tosin is a good prospect but hes not strong enough yet to go up against the likes of Carol, Deeney, Big nose or Lukaku. Foden did well. Diaz was quiet out on the wing but laughed at the amount of times he was penalised for fouling Amartey when he's about 6 stone piss wet through. Utter rubbish. Ozaki had free reign to foul all night. At least 7 and probably 8 or 9 without sanction. Joke.

Been out for a birthday meal tonight so didn’t see even 1 second of the match

I never want to follow a penalty shoot out on the city matchday app again.... nervewracking

I will be really annoyed if we field a similar side in the semis. It's a trophy and will only boost the lads confidence for the rest of the season if we can win it.
And I will be really annoyed if we play our first 11 and then run out of steam against the dippers a couple of days later. We have Burnley in The Cup a couple of days before the first leg as well. Big build up of fixtures after a very busy period so their will have to be a lot of rotation.

So bent its crazy trying to destroy kids futures for what?

We won fair and square he would have given 10 more penalties if he could.

Well played blues, Yaya is aging though.

Yeah but there wasn't contact, there wasn't contact, there wasn't contact, there wasn't contact.
And where is "contact" mentioned in the laws of the game? No fucking where. It was a penalty.

Contact is mentioned in the laws:

"A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences
against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless,
reckless or using excessive force:
• charges
• jumps at
• kicks or attempts to kick
• pushes
• strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
• tackles or challenges
trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or
penalty kick."

I think either of the instances in bold could have been applied here and one of them should have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.