Sterling attacker sentenced to 16 weeks for Racial Assault

Considering his form then the sentence is light and doesn't send out the message what the GMP have been saying is a HATE crime.

Typical of the losers that associate with them. Nothing else going well in their lives so they tag on to the success of the rags. Assault on a woman. Classy. He will be one of those types that if he died, no one would miss him.

Club needs to provide better security as can't have this. They should be driving into a secure area.

Typical of the losers that associate with them. Nothing else going well in their lives so they tag on to the success of the rags. Assault on a woman. Classy. He will be one of those types that if he died, no one would miss him.

Club needs to provide better security as can't have this. They should be driving into a secure area.

Oh come on mate, this guy's a scumbag of the highest order, but no need to tar the rest of them with that brush any more than City fans are represented by a coin thrower.

16 weeks seems a bit light for that, no? Racially motivated assault? What's the norm for something like that in the UK?

Also, I never thought I'd say this - but I don't think it's fair to lump all United fans together on this one. The dude is obviously a jackass of the highest order and that has nothing to do with the club that he supports.

Oh come on mate, this guy's a scumbag of the highest order, but no need to tar the rest of them with that brush any more than City fans are represented by a coin thrower.

Well said. It's not like we don't have any bottom-feeders following our club.

The bloke's obviously a total **** though. He's not the sharpest tool in the box either - turning up in his own van to carry out the assault. Jesus wept.

16 weeks seems a bit light for that, no? Racially motivated assault? What's the norm for something like that in the UK?

Also, I never thought I'd say this - but I don't think it's fair to lump all United fans together on this one. The dude is obviously a jackass of the highest order and that has nothing to do with the club that he supports.

It was racially aggravated common assault. Common assault is at the lowest end of the crimes of violence ledger, and is usually dealt with by a fine, although custodial sentences can be given up to six months. The racially aggravated element is the key exacerbating point though, hence the prison sentence. Previous offences stiffen the sentence, but there's a limit to what you can do there, otherwise it becomes a matter of punishing again for previous crimes, which you can't do to a huge extent. The three strikes law you had in some states couldn't happen here, it would fall foul of human rights legislation.

It was racially aggravated common assault. Common assault is at the lowest end of the crimes of violence ledger, and is usually dealt with by a fine, although custodial sentences can be given up to six months. The racially aggravated element is the key exacerbating point though, hence the prison sentence. Previous offences stiffen the sentence, but there's a limit to what you can do there, otherwise it becomes a matter of punishing again for previous crimes, which you can't do to a huge extent. The three strikes law you had in some states couldn't happen here, it would fall foul of human rights legislation.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. Seems the 16 weeks is in line with the law then.

This is the wanker who hit that city over the head with a brick a few year ago near the Mitchell at the bottom of Ashton new rd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.