Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions are great but here's some facts.

In the league:

Jesus has 8 goals from 27 shots (20 shots on target).
Sergio has 9 goals from 30 shots (17 shots on target).

So Jesus hits the target more often and they both have almost identical conversion rates (29.6% / 30%). They both have superior conversion rates to Harry Kane (under 20%), Lookaka, Salah, Morata & Alexis Sanchez.

Of course Raz has a better conversion rate at 36%.
This generally isn't good for my emotional arguments. It doesn't support what I think I see. :0

This generally isn't good for my emotional arguments. It doesn't support what I think I see. :0

I think the problem is they were scoring virtually anything they touched up to the end of October, and they've struggled to hit the barn door since. I mean, before his recent goal-scoring streak, Silva had only scored 1 of his 27 shots, his stats will look a lot better now but for 3 months they were naff, top-level stats don't give you those nuances that you notice with your eye, only breaking them down into much more detail can you see those trends.

I think the problem is they were scoring virtually anything they touched up to the end of October, and they've struggled to hit the barn door since. I mean, before his recent goal-scoring streak, Silva had only scored 1 of his 27 shots, his stats will look a lot better now but for 3 months they were naff, top-level stats don't give you those nuances that you notice with your eye, only breaking them down into much more detail can you see those trends.

It's the whole ethos of a pep team, the 'team' means more than the individual and completely prepares for the peaks and troughs all players go through...

What's exciting is we could feasibly have 5/6 players on 20+ come may, I'm happy as Larry with that!

It's the whole ethos of a pep team, the 'team' means more than the individual and completely prepares for the peaks and troughs all players go through...

What's exciting is we could feasibly have 5/6 players on 20+ come may, I'm happy as Larry with that!

oh exactly, we're seeing that in full swing this season. I was just putting forward a reason as to why some of our stats don't necessarily reflect what we've seen from certain players in recent games.

oh exactly, we're seeing that in full swing this season. I was just putting forward a reason as to why some of our stats don't necessarily reflect what we've seen from certain players in recent games.

Well stats for thew whole season won't reflect just recent games but they are relevant to the point I responded to. Also, what happens over the whole season is going to be most relevant for the league: form will fluctuate for most players.

Both players though have this season to date bettered their average conversion rate for their whole Premier League careers; Sergio rather more so than Jesus. Bottom line is that over all their league games for City, Jesus has the better conversion rate.

The fact is that too many people spout opinions based on what their eyes tell them that are not supported by fact. Opinions are often subjective on player performance but also they are often simply wrong.

Well stats for thew whole season won't reflect just recent games but they are relevant to the point I responded to. Also, what happens over the whole season is going to be most relevant for the league: form will fluctuate for most players.

Both players though have this season to date bettered their average conversion rate for their whole Premier League careers; Sergio rather more so than Jesus. Bottom line is that over all their league games for City, Jesus has the better conversion rate.

The fact is that too many people spout opinions based on what their eyes tell them that are not supported by fact. Opinions are often subjective on player performance but also they are often simply wrong.
This :)

The fact is that too many people spout opinions based on what their eyes tell them that are not supported by fact.
Opinions are often subjective on player performance but also they are often simply wrong.

IMHO , facts/ stats can be just as misleading without looking at the bigger picture. How many of Jesus & Razs goals this season have been within the six yard box. When you are shooting from six yards out & less I would expect you to have a higher conversion rate than someone with the ability to shoot & score from further out.

We understand that Sergio is carrying a heel injury that inhibits how he plays.

As the greatest scorer of goals who has ever played for City I am not ready to write him off just yet.

Under Pep it is a team game & every player makes a contribution, not necessarily the same contribution but a contribution nevertheless.

Jesus, Aguero even Yaya , Bravo & Mangala all have a role to play in our success this year.

I value them all equally & that seems to be Peps philosophy too.
CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.