Lukas Nmecha

Thought for sure he would go left and Jesus back as striker.

I was impressed by his speed, we had one counter attack happening where he ran from our own half and bursted into Leicester's box, he looked as fast (or faster) than Sane. I had no idea how quick he can get, I can see why Pep wants him on the wings (even though he plays striker in academy), his pace can be a great weapon in the future.

He looked fast, but Maguire is also a potato with speed.

This lad has balls of steel! In addition he is tall and powerful. He is definitely a tremendous prospect for the future.

Never realised how big he was. Always thought he was a lot more slender, he must have filled out recently.
Good, composed debut, massive balls to step up and score a top drawer pen. Kudos.

Be interesting to see how Pep handles the semis against Bristol City. Personally I think we should try to put them away at home and play the kids away. Either way it'd be great for Nmecha to start one of the two to give Kun and Gabby a rest with the fixtures piling up.

He has improved hugely and it will be interesting to see how things develop from here. I regularly follow the academy teams and there was certainly a spell where it looked like he wouldn't make the step up. I spoke to his dad several times and he regularly spoke about the need to stay humble and keep working hard; it looks like Lucas has followed his advice and the improvement in his technique and physique is tangible. If he has worked as hard as it appears, he deserves to be a success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.