Strategy for second half of the season

jamesha

Team supported
Manchester City
As we reach the mid-point of the season I think everyone will agree that things have gone better than anyone (especially the pundits) could have imagined. If it had not been for Walker's ridiculous sending off we would likely have a perfect league record. The team seem to have found ways to win even if we needed penalties in our League Cup games.

So what strategy for the second half of the season? If we played our strongest team every time in the league then I thinks the records for points and goals scored are within our grasp and we could possibly be the new "Invincibles". This appeals to me as if we could do this then we would be unarguably the best team ever to win the Premier League (and maybe the top tier since it started).

However we probably have our best ever chance in the Champions League given that we have a (hopefully) easy tie in the coming round and the big European teams are maybe not as strong as they once were. If we kept our best players fresh for the CL then we may drop some league points but would have the benefit our giving game time to youngsters which should strengthen us in the long run.

It is well known that our owners want to win the Champs League so I guess that is the way we will go - I would really like to smash more records though and (to paraphrase an obscure drunken sweaty) knock the rags off their f**kin perch.

I think we take each game at a time which we seem to be doing at the moment. For me the league cup and FA cup can be put on the back burner. If we get the league wrapped up early and are still in the champions league I think we should then rotate in the league and concentrate fully on European success.

Get to the point where the league is easily in sight in March, then rotate so we can deal with the quarter and semi finals of the champions league. We will have to get the better of a combination of PSG,Barca, Madrid or Bayern over 5 games.

I wanted the league and nothing else at the beginning of the season, with how things are panning out we should be in a good position to land the league cup and a decent hit at making the semis of the champs league.

My plan is.....................

Win every thing going and shove it up the manure/pool/spurs loving medias arse, I don't think anybody has won the quad in this country before but I believe Barcelona under Pep did win everything going in one season, that would be nice to replicate :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.