Highly critical article about Citys' owners

Don't know any details but it is quite likely that the way how the UK is run is different from any other country in the world so from our perspective we will obviously be able to critisise other regimes. The converse is also true when viewed from the other country towards UK.

Does anyone in the media really think that our system is perfect other than it allows them to uphold their boast that they should never let the truth get in the way of a good story ?
I look forward to Prestwich Blue´s twitter post being answered by the articles author.

In the meantime I am happy to be assured that if the combined might of FIFA, Uefa and the PL were unable to develop a rule that excluded our owner from purchasing and growing City then any attempt to discredit our owners riches would have been already vetted and used against him.

I don't see the same number of articles that seem now, almost daily, popping up and pointing the finger at our own government, who sell £billions worth of weapons and fighter jets/tanks to The Saudi's, who actively use these to suppress dissent.
Are we expected to turn up at The Etihad with pitchforks and torches a flame, ready to burn it down?
If anything, I'd be far more ashamed of voting Theresa May into power, considering the deals she's made with The Saudi's ( and nots let even get started on Brexit!!)
Al I see is vast swathes of East Manchester reborn from the wastelands, and a team playing the most beautiful football I've ever seen.
These articles show a similar witch hunt pattern that followed Sterling around, and resulted in him being attacked, we now have bitterness, jealousy and thinly veiled xenophobia, masquerading as concern over our owners.
When we have a media populated with mainly ex Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal etc. players, they will see these articles as a green light to etch into stone, these opinions as fact, and I'd expect "Mass murdering Dictators" to be the new Emptyhad/ Blue Seats/ Oli Money/ Buying the title, being levelled at us by the Talkshite fuckwits anytime soon

World's 50 best countries to live a long, happy life:

UK number 28
UAE number 39

Seems there is not too much difference being a citizen of the U.K. or a slave in the UAE.

When we have a media populated with mainly ex Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal etc. players, they will see these articles as a green light to etch into stone, these opinions as fact, and I'd expect "Mass murdering Dictators" to be the new Emptyhad/ Blue Seats/ Oli Money/ Buying the title, being levelled at us by the Talkshite fuckwits anytime soon
They've been using that line for the best part of a decade already mate. Look on the positive side, they might actually get the Abu Dhabi part right now instead of constantly associating us with Qatar, Dubai or Saudi Arabia.

I would not take it against anyone for being a human rights advocate. But the hypocrisy of it all is what bugs me. Why would he need to put city as the villain if not to try to gain funding from other teams' fans who want a stick to beat us with? It's not as if we're the only beneficiary of investments from countries with questionable human rights record. There simply is no need drag the team's name into the mud.

I would not take it against anyone for being a human rights advocate. But the hypocrisy of it all is what bugs me. Why would he need to put city as the villain if not to try to gain funding from other teams' fans who want a stick to beat us with? It's not as if we're the only beneficiary of investments from countries with questionable human rights record. There simply is no need drag the team's name into the mud.
If he hadn't linked to City no one would give a rat's arse and no one would read it.

If he hadn't linked to City no one would give a rat's arse and no one would read it.

Certainly true in my case SF.

Cannot really blame them, perhaps all journos consider a City link, no matter how obscure, to be financially worth writing about.
I suppose we will have to get used to this association link and try to take it as a compliment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.