Newcastle (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so significantly? I agree it is probably not our best when all avail, but I wouldn't say it is significantly weakened
Silva, Stones, Mendy/Delph and Sane would all make us stronger in my opinion. Whilst I totally agree that we should have more than enough to win easily, I’m going into every game expecting some bad luck and/or sending off. It happens to everyone and we are so due a defeat that I’m expecting one these days.

Maybe for you Yanks.

We have a more subtle understanding of football and still don’t care about the one team Bundesliga
Who is the “we” of whom you speak? Everyone except the 7 billion people who can count numbers? Must be, because if you are talking about ENGLISH people, I have that covered.

I get what you are saying, our record is QUALITATIVELY better than Bayern’s as we have a few harder teams to play. The record books don’t give a damn. There is no asterisk to say Premier League records are harder, just a simple NUMBER that says Team A won Y games while Team B won Z games. We are trying to be Team C and get to Z+1 games. Simple. Sorry you are taking this so hard. My initial comment was not really a point for discussion, but now you’ve decided it is, at least acknowledge the reality of record numbers.

Think we will be fine with the starting lineup, just a bit worried that Davids personal problems seem to be ongoing and hope that pep has just given Delph the night off and it's not an injury. Assume Stones will be introduced back into the team for the Watford match.

Other than that I'm going for 1-3 to City.

Great to see Pep again picking Aguero. It shows he wants him to stay in my eyes. He could have easily dropped him for Jesus after the rumours etc. Come on Serge bang in a hatrick tonight

Who is the “we” of whom you speak? Everyone except the 7 billion people who can count numbers? Must be, because if you are talking about ENGLISH people, I have that covered.

I get what you are saying, our record is QUALITATIVELY better than Bayern’s as we have a few harder teams to play. The record books don’t give a damn. There is no asterisk to say Premier League records are harder, just a simple NUMBER that says Team A won Y games while Team B won Z games. We are trying to be Team C and get to Z+1 games. Simple. Sorry you are taking this so hard. My initial comment was not really a point for discussion, but now you’ve decided it is, at least acknowledge the reality of record numbers.

The records books may not give a damn but anybody with a scintilla of football knowledge will recognise that a record of this type set in the Premier League is more impressive than doing it in any other league in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.