FC Basel V City Trip

Having been there twice to watch England I would recommend stopping in Weil am Rhein in Germany and getting the train from there. You need to get the train to St Jakob anyway so another ten mins is no big deal and you will be saving about £5 a pint. You can also get the tram in from there. At the airport you have a choice of exiting into Germany. If you do that taxis are cheaper too. Nothing much around the ground in way of bars. Pleasant enough city without being anything special.

For drinking I would stay on the German side of the border. Weil am Rhein is nice and even Freiburg is only 30min by train from Basel. Nice City, many students and real nice pubs. And it’s much much cheaper than Basel.

I cannot see tickets for sale for this match ? Nothing on the City tickets menu....

Having been there twice to watch England I would recommend stopping in Weil am Rhein in Germany and getting the train from there. You need to get the train to St Jakob anyway so another ten mins is no big deal and you will be saving about £5 a pint. You can also get the tram in from there. At the airport you have a choice of exiting into Germany. If you do that taxis are cheaper too. Nothing much around the ground in way of bars. Pleasant enough city without being anything special.

There’s a BB hotel in Weil am Rhein, rooms at €62/night. Tram 8 stops right outside and the trams run till a bit past midnight. Quite a few bars in the Barfusserplatz area. You change to the 14 tram for St Jakob there.

There’s a BB hotel in Weil am Rhein, rooms at €62/night. Tram 8 stops right outside and the trams run till a bit past midnight. Quite a few bars in the Barfusserplatz area. You change to the 14 tram for St Jakob there.
Can you get to Weil am Rhein direct from the airport or do you need to go into Basel first ?

Can you get to Weil am Rhein direct from the airport or do you need to go into Basel first ?
You get bus 50 from the airport to Basel SBB (Swiss train station -there’s a German one on the other side of town) then get Tram 8 direct.

You’ll need a 3 zone ticket which is CHF 6.10. You buy it from the ticket machines.

You get bus 50 from the airport to Basel SBB (Swiss train station -there’s a German one on the other side of town) then get Tram 8 direct.

You’ll need a 3 zone ticket which is CHF 6.10. You buy it from the ticket machines.
Thanks for the info

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.