FC Basel V City Trip

Pleasure. https://www.hotelbb.de/en/weil-am-rhein

There’s quite a few hotels in Weil and Lörrach and also Saint Louis on the French side - you can get in on Tram 3.

When Northern Ireland played Switzerland earlier this year a lot of their fans stayed in the Ibis near Bahnhof SBB.
We're staying near the Bahnhof SBB, can you recommend any bars to use or not to use?

We're staying near the Bahnhof SBB, can you recommend any bars to use or not to use?
Most of the bars in the area are pretty safe. Where are you staying, the Ibis? If so get a 16 down to Barfusserplatz, there’s a long strip of bars along the pedestrianised street, an expensive English one called Mr Pickwicks and a Irish one at Heuwagge, 1 stop down from the Markthalle where the Ibis is. There’s a couple of girlie bars down there but no real danger. It’s not like being in Basel when they’re playing some of the Swiss teams (particularity FCZ or GC) when it can get a bit naughty.

Most of the bars in the area are pretty safe. Where are you staying, the Ibis? If so get a 16 down to Barfusserplatz, there’s a long strip of bars along the pedestrianised street, an expensive English one called Mr Pickwicks and a Irish one at Heuwagge, 1 stop down from the Markthalle where the Ibis is. There’s a couple of girlie bars down there but no real danger. It’s not like being in Basel when they’re playing some of the Swiss teams (particularity FCZ or GC) when it can get a bit naughty.
I don't go anywhere near English and Irish bars when abroad, I like to rub shoulders with the locals and take in some culture.........Girlie bars did you say?? ;-)

Thanks for the reply

Hi everybody. I'm from Basel. I've been browsing through your forum out of pure anticipation of the upcoming match. There seems to be quite a buzz about beer prices (understandably so), so I thought I could clear that up.
Actually, I've never payed 10£ for a beer here in Basel. Average prices for a regular beer (0.5 l) range from 7 to 8 CHF (5.30 to 6 £). There are some rip-off bars in the centre that demand 7£ for a beer (including English / Irish pubs) but 10£ is definitively a myth. In a supermarket and off-license you get a beer for 1 to 2 Francs.
What is really expensive though is proper restaurant food. 20-40 CHF easily.
As has been pointed out in here, prices are much lower in neighbouring Germany and France, but bear in mind that there's not much going on there on a Tuesday night. Basel isn't Berlin either, but there are some decent bars and clubs, some of which don't close until the small hours, just ask some locals.

Hi everybody. I'm from Basel. I've been browsing through your forum out of pure anticipation of the upcoming match. There seems to be quite a buzz about beer prices (understandably so), so I thought I could clear that up.
Actually, I've never payed 10£ for a beer here in Basel. Average prices for a regular beer (0.5 l) range from 7 to 8 CHF (5.30 to 6 £). There are some rip-off bars in the centre that demand 7£ for a beer (including English / Irish pubs) but 10£ is definitively a myth. In a supermarket and off-license you get a beer for 1 to 2 Francs.
What is really expensive though is proper restaurant food. 20-40 CHF easily.
As has been pointed out in here, prices are much lower in neighbouring Germany and France, but bear in mind that there's not much going on there on a Tuesday night. Basel isn't Berlin either, but there are some decent bars and clubs, some of which don't close until the small hours, just ask some locals.
Many thanks for the info bs. Looks like Tesco and McDonalds then ;)

Ticket info is on the official site just over 1800 tickets priced at £49 no mention of names on tickets or collection in the city tho .

Travelled to Basel a few times. As a great alternative and cheap beer Freiburg is a great City 45 mins away on high speed train. Flights to Frankfurt if cheaper gives you a fast train in less than 2 hours.
Loads of bars in Freiburg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.