Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah - I just wanted to point out they full extent our domination of the table to lurking rags and dippers lol

Haha. Fair enough. I still believe they are a superior outfit to Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and United though.

On a separate note, I think Barcelona are insane if they sign Coutinho for anywhere near the figures quoted. He's an excellent player but I believe there are a few better than him in his respective position in the Prem.

If we have close to our normal team available we should wipe the floor with these.
For some reason despite how well we are doing by the time we come up against top 6 opposition we appear to be the under dogs. We'll have a week of "if Mane wasn't sent off" which will be enough motivation for our boys.

Last edited:
Toughest game this for me:
- Historically tough place for us
- They always play at a different level against us
- very importantly, they play Fri night and then us 9 days later. In that space we play twice.

Asking in peace: Honest opinions on Coutinho?

I'm not as worried as when it was Suarez or Alonso because the club is generally buying better. I don't think we'd do something dumb like replace Alonso with Aquilani or Suarez with Lambert and Balotelli.

Still would be a weird decision to let Coutinho leave now, but rumor are Lemar is coming in as a direct replacement. The 90M figure is indeed eye-watering, but French International, French champions, and a market where his fellow national Ousman Dembele (I wonder how he'll turn out) is 130M, so.....

I'm thinking Coutinho is good, really good, but for the way we play, and who we could potentially replace him with, not disastrous to lose.

The other name I've seen is Lanzini.

Meanwhile, Lallana is decent cover for #10, he's not Coutinho what we lose with magic and goals, we gain in pressing and midfield workrate/aggression.

If Barca really are putting together an offer of €150m that tells its own story, really. A player is worth what someone else will pay for him. Barca judge that he will make their team that much better that they are willing to part with that sort of money for him. If Liverpool were looking to buy Coutinho they just wouldn't pay that for him: so that tells me he is worth more to Barca and their team than he is to Liverpool and theirs.

My view FWIW is that Liverpool always look a lot better with Coutinho in the team than without, but if I was Klopp I would take the money and invest in two or three more quality defensive players - not necessarily defenders but either defenders or defensive midfielders. Van Dijk alone is not the answer to Liverpool's problems at the back, though he may be part of the answer. Liverpool's attack even without Coutinho will remain pretty damn good. Maybe the smart move is take the money now and spend it after the world cup.

You never know, next season could be your season ;)

They'll be allowed to kick us off the pitch so we will need a derby/Chelsea type performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.