Save Our Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite section of a piece by Barney Ronay in the Guardian today about PEG

Mourinho may yet extend his contract at Old Trafford. He may still create a genuinely memorable team out of the current sifting and sorting. For now he’s left to fret and bellyache, glowering in grey quilted coat and tracksuit bottoms, and looking at times like a man with a wall-eyed hangover who’s just popped out to the garage for an Irn Bru, forgotten where he lives, lost his keys, fallen asleep on a bus, woken up with his face in a bag of chips, got lost again, followed someone he thought was someone else and ended up prowling around on some alien touchline trying to work out how to reorganise a depleted three-man backline halfway through a second-half defensive rearguard.

Mourinho may yet extend his contract at Old Trafford. He may still create a genuinely memorable team out of the current sifting and sorting. For now he’s left to fret and bellyache, glowering in grey quilted coat and tracksuit bottoms, and looking at times like a man with a wall-eyed hangover who’s just popped out to the garage for an Irn Bru, forgotten where he lives, lost his keys, fallen asleep on a bus, woken up with his face in a bag of chips, got lost again, followed someone he thought was someone else and ended up prowling around on some alien touchline trying to work out how to reorganise a depleted three-man backline halfway through a second-half defensive rearguard.

Prose at its best. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

He would probably get it right eventually but fortunately for the rest of the league and especially us this would probably be beyond his standard 'dwell time'. The down side of that is united cannot keep getting poor managers and will no doubt get one that knows what they are doing. So we must support peg, keep the faith and enjoy it whilst he lasts.

A manager alone can not sort them out. They are light years behind us off the field.

It's not the 80/90's anymore. The next Ferguson is not round the corner. Football is now about long term strategy. You can see in their signings there's no long term planning.

I hear all they need are a few new signings then off others you hear they are close.

Most United fans I know are concerned about full backs and centre mid. Lately you can add striker to that.

They've spent over 300m on centre midfield since GPC left. Mourinho himself has spent over £160m on centre mids, and they still need one???

They've spend circa £140m on strikers. They've not got a decent striker.

£70m on centre halves. Still need two.

They have no planning, no infrastructure. They need more than a manager.

A manager alone can not sort them out. They are light years behind us off the field.

It's not the 80/90's anymore. The next Ferguson is not round the corner. Football is now about long term strategy. You can see in their signings there's no long term planning.

I hear all they need are a few new signings then off others you hear they are close.

Most United fans I know are concerned about full backs and centre mid. Lately you can add striker to that.

They've spent over 300m on centre midfield since GPC left. Mourinho himself has spent over £160m on centre mids, and they still need one???

A bomb?

An earthquake?

This is why I'm happy to encourage the idea of letting Giggs build the next 20 year dynasty at every opportunity. Let them think all they need is to give the next man plenty of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.