David Silva - official statement

Just me but I think football may be his only escape from what's going on. I say don't sing, let him just play his game.
I'd agree, maybe sing it if he gets subs off towards the end of the match?

Just me but I think football may be his only escape from what's going on. I say don't sing, let him just play his game.

I say let's show him we're part of his family and are right behind him and here for him, and sing our hearts out. Show him the love. Might just give him extra strength.

Bills post spot on just let him do what he needs to do and carry on as normal

I say let's show him we're part of his family and are right behind him and here for him, and sing our hearts out. Show him the love. Might just give him extra strength.

Your intention to give David special support is certainly right.
Please don't get it wrong. It's not a bad idea.
But maybe we should go on respect David's wish and separate football from privacy, and just think of little Mateo without singing out his name.

You know, David doesn't want to be something special within the squad.
I guess he would love some special support for the whole team and yes, singing your hearts out.
I can't be there, but I definitely would. Well, I love that anyway.

That magic lad is really incredible. Words cannot describe my deep respect.

Wow. Heard it all now.

Don't sing and show our support for a true City great? Let's not show him we are behind him and his family at such a difficult time in his life?

No they are saying show him support but maybe not sing his son’s name.

It maybe something David wants separate to football but singing supporting Silva all the way.

The problem with football and rival fans is people abuse in the foulest way possible, we saw it with Livermore this week and us singing brings it into the stadium.

So I would understand that approach and would be my view, that said if it was sung David would ultimately know we are on his side and showing support regardless.

We've struggled to make a song about him despite him being one of the best players to ever wear the blue shirt. Not sure it should be now because of or based on his recent tribulations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.