Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I think I'd take Fred over anyone. More energy and dynamism than the likes of Weigl or Jorginho. Closer to ferna than anyone else I can think of.
How is he defensively?
I saw him play a few times, I watched his YouTube videos but I did not see him from the defensive point of view, which is much more important in my opinion

I don't rate him but I didn't rate Fernandinho when he first came here so feck do I know. Rather we go for Weigl though. Maybe we can get both?

How is he defensively?
I saw him play a few times, I watched his YouTube videos but I did not see him from the defensive point of view, which is much more important in my opinion
Read somewhere that he's Ukrainian league's leader in the number of successful tackles (and passes as well).

I don't rate him but I didn't rate Fernandinho when he first came here so feck do I know. Rather we go for Weigl though. Maybe we can get both?

The one thing you have to say about Weigl is does he have the same work ethic as Fernandinho?

Fernandinho’s passing has been exemplary this season but his work rate has been an absolute key in our success so far this season. If you can call it success.

How is he defensively?
From what I've seen he's more tenacious than technical, a lot more ferna, kante style than weigl or Jorginho.

Still I'm not sure this team needs a busquets clone, I think fernandinhos ability going forwards is vital to the team because he's the one who usually has the space to advance. We're better off looking for an all rounder who can add to attack I think than losing that piece in the attack to gain defensively.

The one thing you have to say about Weigl is does he have the same work ethic as Fernandinho?

Fernandinho’s passing has been exemplary this season but his work rate has been an absolute key in our success so far this season. If you can call it success.

It's a bit hard to gauge his performance in a shit Dortmund side. What really impresses me the most about him is he seems to always be on the right place at the right time. Plus he's an excellent passer. He does seem to be less athletic than your average prem midfielder but his concentration, composure, and general football intelligence has always been a cut above most.

Mikel Merino. The only shining light in a poor Newcastle side and understands Pep's style perfectly.
On the Dihno thread, I was listing players who could replace Dihno comfortably in our team.

This guy was one of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.