Bristol City (h) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bristol here. Firstly, we all know what we’re up against!, you have a fantastic squad of players and the worlds best manager/coach.
What I will say though, is that we won’t come and park the bus, far from it. You will have no doubt seen how we played against ‘that other’ Manchester team in the last round!,well what you saw is how we play.
The last two games ( and defeats) against Villa and Watford are explainable to a degree. The Villa game was a game too far for the same players who played about 4 games in 10 days, this due to a long injury list which has meant the team virtually picked itself.
The Watford game today was played by a virtual reserve side and 2-3 young lads making their debuts.
75% of side that plays you on Tuesday will have had 8 days rest.
In some respects we play the same style as yourself’s ( your just a lot better at it than us!), we will play quick possession football and press you as high as we can when you have the ball.
I don’t see this changing on Tuesday, if we sit back and surrender possession you will take us apart, as you have done to just about everyone else.
There probably isn’t one Bristol City fan who thinks we will beat you over two legs, but we are in a cup semi final and we will make the most of it whatever!.
I’ve a lot of respect for your support, most of you will have been through the ‘shite’ years and must now be living the dream, we have had a lot of shite for a lot of years!!! We will enjoy Tuesday whatever the result, see you there.
Thanks for beating the rags.
You're predicting a win for your City in the poll!
Don't be a ' Gashead' mate :)

Thanks for beating the rags.
You're predicting a win for your City in the poll!
Don't be a ' Gashead' mate :)
I had to!, somebody had to! I won’t be putting any money on it though!
Seriously, you do have a fantastic team and play football that is so pleasing to watch,99 times out of 100 you will beat us ( ok probably 100!).
Reality says a 3-4 nil win to you, the hope in me,says we can make the 2nd leg interesting by keeping the first leg close.
Re the gashead comment! Every gashead in Bristol will fervently be hoping you put 10 past us, yes all 5,000 of them!

Play the usual cup team for this and rest key players. We have 2 shots at this, liverpool is a one off and takes priority.
Bravo
Danilson
Zinchenko
Vinny
Tosin
Yaya
Bernardo
Delph
Sane
Diaz
Aguero
Sure the Anfield game is the priority, but given the substitutions yesterday and likely Silva is not available, then would guess:
Bravo
Danilo, Kompany, Mangala, Zinchenko
YaYa
Gundogan, De Bruyne
Bernado,Aguero, Diaz

I think yesterday’s subs were telling ... expect Zinchenko, Gundogan and Aguero to start.

Play the usual cup team for this and rest key players. We have 2 shots at this, liverpool is a one off and takes priority.
Bravo
Danilson
Zinchenko
Vinny
Tosin
Yaya
Bernardo
Delph
Sane
Diaz
Aguero

Mostly agree except I'd worry about Tosin and Yaya in a cup Semi. Also might as well put Delph at LB and Zinchenko in midfield for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.