Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez would be a great signing for any team in the top apart from Liverpool. They've already got some very good options in wide positions and I wouldn't see Mahrez displacing Mane or Salah.

I think he is a top player that could be a "Pep type player", it's just that we don't need that position at the moment. More pressing positions currently are striker and CB.

Wow!!

Fodan and Diaz have huge potential and if either works out as well as Mahrez and wins player of the year they will have fulfilled it. Nothing wrong in not wanting City to sign him but comments like the above make us sound paranoid and bitter.
Wowsers.

Is there a double decker on the moon as well?
There really is some shite spouted on here isn’t there. Very good player and a good signing for whoever gets him.
Because his performances before and after that season have indicated he is a “top” player?

Nothing I said is original to me or are X-Files level conspiracy theories. In fact, I am fairly confident the PED scandal will eventually come out (as are a few journos who have made rumbles about it).

Not sure how pointing out the advantages he had for that season, that may not have been available to other players who have won the award, is paranoid and bitter. That is particularly true given he hasn’t shown that same “form” since. There are many only good players that have one exceptional season but never reach those heights again—I am more inclined to see Mahrez in that group.

I also do not understand why saying that I would rather blood in Foden and Diaz (who I think have equal or greater potential as MahreZ) is blasphemous. I did not say that they would necessarily win the (PFA?) Player of the Season or that the award should even be a consideration for player potential or current value (especially in the context of how they fit into a Pep team).

Apparently you have to think every player to have won the award is great and any player not to have won it to be lesser than those who have.

All of you must think Mahrez is/was a much better player than David, Yaya, Agüero, and a few others, then?

As an alternative to Mahrez how about Nathan Redmond? Another player who Pep rates, is English and is still young enough to develop further.

I actually think he would be an immense signing. He's excellent. So good in one v one situations and can craft space through trickery as opposed to relying on pace. He would win us about 5 penalties a season given how close to the opposition box we play.

As for saying he's not a Pep type of player.....neither was Sterling or Sane particularly and neither was De Bruyne or Otamendi. Pep does make a lot more adjustments to his own style than people give him credit for. I genuinely believe we'd be looking at Hazard levels of quality if we signed Mahrez. Honestly rate him that highly. The only question would be getting him to buy into the off the ball side of the game but such is Pep's reputation, I think he could do so without any issues at all. I think the vast majority of players, particularly those who aren't already established as world class players reputationally would have no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.