Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who, among starting keepers at top clubs in world football, is better on the ball than Ederson? Ederson is far, far better than Bravo, and is better too than Neuer. Only Ter Stegan comes close to Ederson's ability on the ball (but until this year, TS' usual composure on the ball has be marred by inexplicable gaffs).

it was interesting watching cech in arsenal vs chelsea. The way he was distributing and arsenal opting to play from the back. Eddie is inspiring vetrans at such a young age :)

Who, among starting keepers at top clubs in world football, is better on the ball than Ederson? Ederson is far, far better than Bravo, and is better too than Neuer. Only Ter Stegan comes close to Ederson's ability on the ball (but until this year, TS' usual composure on the ball has be marred by inexplicable gaffs).

In all fairness to Ter Stegan, Ederson has only been playing our style 6 months and will at some point make a mistake. As good as he is and as much as we all love him you can’t take so many risks without the odd mistake but the rewards far outweigh any mistakes in the long run.

In all fairness to Ter Stegan, Ederson has only been playing our style 6 months and will at some point make a mistake. As good as he is and as much as we all love him you can’t take so many risks without the odd mistake but the rewards far outweigh any mistakes in the long run.
Yes it’s going to happen. I noticed yesterday that bravo wouldn’t play the risky pass to dinho between two onrushing attackers. Ederson has been playing that ball all season such is his confidence. Basically threading the eye of a needle. He will get caught, I hope it doesn’t stop him doing it though as one failure is worth it for the amount of times it works.

Yes it’s going to happen. I noticed yesterday that bravo wouldn’t play the risky pass to dinho between two onrushing attackers. Ederson has been playing that ball all season such is his confidence. Basically threading the eye of a needle. He will get caught, I hope it doesn’t stop him doing it though as one failure is worth it for the amount of times it works.
Ederson's trick (the opposite being Bravo's weakness) is that he sees and makes the pass early, whilst the space is there. Bravo tends to fuck about a bit until our defenders are being pressed and then there's no pass on, or its much more difficult. Just look when Bravo receives the ball next, how there's nearly always an easy pass on if he plays the ball straight away, but in taking a second or two to take stock, the easy pass has gone.

He's so integral to the way we play. I wish we didn't rest him in the cup games as I think it would be of benefit to some of the less experienced outfield players to reap the benefits of his distribution. Everything's a bit more laboured when Bravo is in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.