More trams

If you get there at 90 minutes it takes 5-15 minutes to get on (sometimes longer on week nights)

If you wait til final whistle it takes 25-60 minutes to get on

I gave up and walked to town and now cycle - I can get home to Stretford in less than 20 minutes on bike but cannot give people a lift sorry!
Thanks mate. I thought you were Rick Shaw for a moment, obviously not.

If you get there at 90 minutes it takes 5-15 minutes to get on (sometimes longer on week nights)

If you wait til final whistle it takes 25-60 minutes to get on

I gave up and walked to town and now cycle - I can get home to Stretford in less than 20 minutes on bike but cannot give people a lift sorry!

As silly as sounds they could prob make this wait a bit easier -

For starters - 1- Updates on the trains - interactive boards and that.
- 2 - More associate with city square? They have screens in the stadium showing the square so why not have them in the station/waiting area? Is this TFGM property? Maybe have some of the presenters down getting opinions or even information about other results etc.

Like a few on here i often get the tram to the ground for Pic Gardens but it is far quicker to walk back when the road is closed and cut into the back of the station.

Could you walk up to Clayton and get one from there? The stop near The Grove pub.

Try going to Ashton !
On Saturday, left N stand at final whistle ----single tram, delayed or non- arrivals , traffic delays en route , arrived Ashton way after 6pm.
If the Club is serious about increasing the capacity of the Etihad, then transport has to improve.

In the council's defence, the new road system they enforce has made driving home from the game significantly quicker. A huge improvement.

The trams are good, but the whole idea is ultimately flawed. There is no point having a tram on public roads. They should just use buses for that. Trams should be underground or away from roads like they are in every other major city in the world.

As silly as sounds they could prob make this wait a bit easier -

For starters - 1- Updates on the trains - interactive boards and that.
- 2 - More associate with city square? They have screens in the stadium showing the square so why not have them in the station/waiting area? Is this TFGM property? Maybe have some of the presenters down getting opinions or even information about other results etc.

Like a few on here i often get the tram to the ground for Pic Gardens but it is far quicker to walk back when the road is closed and cut into the back of the station.
I think the club need to liaise with TFGM on resolving the problems us supporters face, particularly post match in waiting(time) for the tram to arrive to then be herded in to two carriages in packed conditions.

It's ok for unsympathetic posters to give it the "Well walk then or get a bus or cab" bollocks, plenty of blues especially elderly who find it difficult to walk or simply cannot walk that far back into town.

When the weather is fine, I don't mind the brisk 20 minute walk back, but I and many others who use the metro should not have to walk back because of the waiting time to then be crammed into a tram in dangerous conditions.

A
In the council's defence, the new road system they enforce has made driving home from the game significantly quicker. A huge improvement.

The trams are good, but the whole idea is ultimately flawed. There is no point having a tram on public roads. They should just use buses for that. Trams should be underground or away from roads like they are in every other major city in the world.
Agreed, but TFGM have obviously not got the message that Perfect Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance !

There is a need for significant transport investment before the ground gets bigger. That's the plain truth. At my age and degree of knackeredness the sheer hassle of getting to and from the ground is really off-putting. Great ground inside. Getting to and from it, a total pain.
The whole conurbation needs significant transport investment.

The state of the roads across Manchester has to be the worst I’ve seen in any big European city - potholes, sinkholes, damaged speed bumps, road markings worn away, different materials used to fill in works done on roads making it bumpy and ugly... The traffic is horrendous! Cars parked on either side of the road slowing down cars and buses. Routes into Town seem to be getting worse. Buses and Metrolink on the same roads as cars. Metrolink is not fast enough, they aren’t often enough and they aren’t reliable enough. Lack of cycle access routes. No underground for a conurbation our size is criminal, the state of the roads/traffic/poor bus and Met service means we need an underground to give us fast and uninterrupted public transport travel.

Greater London = 8.7 million people
Greater Manchester = 2.6 million people

London gets BIOLLIONS; Manchester does not get 1/3 of what London gets despite having 1/3 of the population.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.