Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think he would be an immense signing. He's excellent. So good in one v one situations and can craft space through trickery as opposed to relying on pace. He would win us about 5 penalties a season given how close to the opposition box we play.

As for saying he's not a Pep type of player.....neither was Sterling or Sane particularly and neither was De Bruyne or Otamendi. Pep does make a lot more adjustments to his own style than people give him credit for. I genuinely believe we'd be looking at Hazard levels of quality if we signed Mahrez. Honestly rate him that highly. The only question would be getting him to buy into the off the ball side of the game but such is Pep's reputation, I think he could do so without any issues at all. I think the vast majority of players, particularly those who aren't already established as world class players reputationally would have no problem.
Good post and well said but I have doubts that we would have space for him in the team.

Mahrez would be a great signing for any team in the top apart from Liverpool. They've already got some very good options in wide positions and I wouldn't see Mahrez displacing Mane or Salah.
I can see him moving inside and taking Coutihno's spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.