More trams

There is no point in debating this.
The Metrolink with regards to the service to and from the Stadium is.
FUCKIN SHIT end of.

Transport links/car parking etc are becoming a big issue and something needs to be done about it. I know a few older people who won't go to midweek games due to this. Why they put the ridiculous parking restrictions in side streets closer to the ground is beyond me.

Transport links/car parking etc are becoming a big issue and something needs to be done about it. I know a few older people who won't go to midweek games due to this. Why they put the ridiculous parking restrictions in side streets closer to the ground is beyond me.
Spot on. Big part of the reason I won't be making the 250 mile round trip.

"Transport" is already an issue and if affects attendance, atmosphere etc. What I do not understand is why the Club ignores the issue and does nothing.
Surely they have influence with Manchester Council and could pressure on them to do something.

Well said mate

Manchester City Council hate motorists and parking restrictions generate easy income.

If you need to go down the Etihad on an afternoon in the middle of the week, the tram service is great. For actually attending a match, it's dogshite. Not all of us are fit enough to walk from and into the City Centre, and indeed City's crowd is more elderly than most. Just because someone can walk doesn't mean they are up to walking the best part of four miles, there and back, often in the dark and pissing rain. We are not all 22 any more.

There needs to be a major improvement to public transport before the ground is extended. Personally, I favour an actual railway station on the line near the ground and a proper train service. City can perhaps pay for the station. OK, it will be millions, but so what?

£20m. For a station used maybe 25 times a year. No chance.

I think the club need to liaise with TFGM on resolving the problems us supporters face, particularly post match in waiting(time) for the tram to arrive to then be herded in to two carriages in packed conditions.

It's ok for unsympathetic posters to give it the "Well walk then or get a bus or cab" bollocks, plenty of blues especially elderly who find it difficult to walk or simply cannot walk that far back into town.

When the weather is fine, I don't mind the brisk 20 minute walk back, but I and many others who use the metro should not have to walk back because of the waiting time to then be crammed into a tram in dangerous conditions.
If you need to go down the Etihad on an afternoon in the middle of the week, the tram service is great. For actually attending a match, it's dogshite. Not all of us are fit enough to walk from and into the City Centre, and indeed City's crowd is more elderly than most. Just because someone can walk doesn't mean they are up to walking the best part of four miles, there and back, often in the dark and pissing rain. We are not all 22 any more.

There needs to be a major improvement to public transport before the ground is extended. Personally, I favour an actual railway station on the line near the ground and a proper train service. City can perhaps pay for the station. OK, it will be millions, but so what?
I've mentioned this before--build a temporary station halt on the current freight railway line that passes by the Regional Athletics stadium.Then,with the recent opening of the new Ordsall Chord you could have special matchday trains that start at Manchester Piccadilly,pick up at Manchester Victoria then straight to the Stadium.After the game just the reverse journeys.With Newton Heath diesel loco shed being very nearby easy-peasy for lots and lots of spare railway stock which could,in theory, transport 3 -4 times as many people as the trams do.All to the destinations of their choice.
Finally,as most things in life,where there's a will there's a way, where there's no will there's no way!!.

Quite a lot of streets where terraced houses once were near the stadium. Nothing on them except double yellow lines. I park for free but it's a good 10-15 minute walk away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.