Gabriel Jesus return from injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
and still reknown as dirty d

And are still reknown as dirty,dirty Leeds. Yes I know it was a different era when the laws weren't as strict. When I showed my lad the tackle on Bell he couldnt believe it isn't a red card

I agree the game has changed, but thankfully not to the extent where, when a player tries turning into you, it becomes a foul. As I say, maybe in Spain it's a foul, with Senor Lahoz refereeing, but not in England thankfully.

But the point he was making was that Leeds playing dirty is what got them into the Championship when actually it brought about the most successful time in their history so it made zero sense whatsoever. In fact, the argument could be made that, since and because they stopped playing that way, that's why they are in the Championship. I don't think that's true, but makes a lot more sense than the point he made.

What is the point then?
That football, by and large, has moved on from their tactics and style of play, which I agree were successful in the 60s and 70s and, to some degree, a little later on with other clubs. Now teams that imploy similar tactics are resigned to being league fodder, regardless of the level. Most often they only do it because they lack the necessary quality to meet most opponents head on—think nearly any team managed by Pulis or Big Sam. It’s a desperate way of trying to even the playing field and it’s really all they have.

I don’t think Townsend was really trying to execute those tactics (though, other Palace players seemed to be) but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a foul on Jesus or that we should applaud it because it’s “the English way”. That way hasn’t and will not get anyone very far today unless all of the evolved footballing talent suddenly disappears.

I agree the game has changed, but thankfully not to the extent where, when a player tries turning into you, it becomes a foul. As I say, maybe in Spain it's a foul, with Senor Lahoz refereeing, but not in England thankfully.

But the point he was making was that Leeds playing dirty is what got them into the Championship when actually it brought about the most successful time in their history so it made zero sense whatsoever. In fact, the argument could be made that, since and because they stopped playing that way, that's why they are in the Championship. I don't think that's true, but makes a lot more sense than the point he made.

That isn’t at all the point I was making, which is why I said you missed it. The simple point, with the meat of it explained above, is that playing dirty will cement your place in the Championship now, generally no more, no less.

It was never a foul but hopefully he’ll be back soon

The list of offences is long, from feigning injury, to appealing for throws, corners etc when knowing it came of them last, to taking throw ins 10 yards from where the ball went out, to trying to move the ball forward for free kicks. Its disgraceful really and the FA and Premier League should get together to clamp down on this sort of cheating because it feels like the refs are either powerless to stop it or just can't be arsed
Totally agree....rugby is much tighter on this...as for feigning injuries the player would be mocked by his own team ..let alone the opposition...any moaning about a free kick / pen and the ref will move the kick 10 yards forward....dissent...call over the team capt and bollock the dissenter in his presence...more dissent can earn you 10 mins in the sin bin... as can cynical fouling....we need to get our act together...it is also a shyte example for kids

Trying to be glass half full. At least he will be fresh for start of season and is young enough to go to many world cups. Mendy can help him through this # team shark ......

I have a feeling it is worse than initially feared and the club are being coy with the Sanchez deal being close to completion. You don't show weakness (i.e one of your strikers being out for the season) when you're in the middle of negotiating.

I hope I'm wrong, but it all sounds a little bit dodgy. The journalist who spoke of it being a potential ACL has been absolutely bang on with news recently, and that adds to the concern.
i don't think we would go for sanchez till summer.i don't think we will go for anyone unless the deal is a good one.

Jesus was there tonight in a box in the family stand. He walked right across from the Colin Bell stand with 3 or 4 others, on crutches but quite fast and without any obvious discomfort and looked happy enough

Pretty certain he’s not done his ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.