More trams

Burnham is on record as saying that it is a great frustration to him that he has minimal influence on Metro issues.

Yeah dead clever. But if the 25,000 trying to vacate Asap . Rammed the shop at full time mate you wouldn't get in.....

It was rammed at weekend and I thought the security guys would be stopping people getting in, but tonight I watched the highlights with one steward trying to crowbar me out. I wasn't having it! I told him I was watching the highlights like I'd been invited to. I didn't bother with the shop and got into my car, drove to the exit from the Blue Car Park. Got caught for a minute or two as the traffic wallahs were letting out some minibuses but no problem again.

On a side note and maybe someone will know, the train line that runs next to the mercedes garage.
Is it still in service, as it conects to dilly and the lines heading to ashburys so, (and I know it would probably be a major task due to it being national rail schedules) couldn't the club look at a station being built like the swamp and see if trains running that line from dilly could stop there?

Just a thought

It would doubtless cost big bucks to build a station and I would guess signalling improvements, but it's needed! Some trains that currently run into Picc. could be diverted that way and run to VIc. The station would not just serve City on match days but would be an asset for the whole area under development. City will never reach the potential they aspire to while transport to and from the ground is so piss poor. Can no one see that many people are put off going by the sheer hassle involved in getting to and from the ground?

It would doubtless cost big bucks to build a station and I would guess signalling improvements, but it's needed! Some trains that currently run into Picc. could be diverted that way and run to VIc. The station would not just serve City on match days but would be an asset for the whole area under development. City will never reach the potential they aspire to while transport to and from the ground is so piss poor. Can no one see that many people are put off going by the sheer hassle involved in getting to and from the ground?

That's what I was thinking the hadfield line could run that way and still stop at ashburys, it would also have people coming from gorton, audenshaw, guide bridge glossop etc not having to go via town or walking up to ashburys or using the old road buses.

Also as you say a link up to Vic may open it up to routes to lancashire.

In my view was a big mistake to design the tram route so that the rails go down Merrill St sharing space with cars.

After the game there are 1,000s of people walking down this road back to the City centre, but also lots of taxis plying their trade looking to ferry people back to the city. These taxis pick up passengers from the passing crowd then do u-turns on Merrill St causing delays for other traffic. When walking back towards Piccadilly I often see double unit empty trams sitting on Merrill St waiting for a chance to carry on to the stadium to pick up more passengers. But with the lines of cabs and pedestrians spilling onto the road the trams have to sit there waiting. Meanwhile, folk at the platform are wondering why the trams are slow to turn up.

It would have been much better to underground the tram route between New Islington and Holt Town stations so that the Merrill St bottleneck would have been avoided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.