Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the way of there modern world.

Henry Winter asked an interesting question on the Sunday Supplement. He asked whether Shaun Custis had come into football journalism so he could write about football or write about press conferences. Custis' answer was that writing about the press conferences was often more interesting. Sadly, the days of reading a report so you knew what had happened in the match are long over. We all are able to watch highlights of every game even if we don't watch it live, so we know what happened. What is left is option and analysis, which is great, and gossip.

Unfortunately there are about three journalists who are any good at providing decent analysis or capable of offering an interesting opinion, and there is an absolute shitload of scribblers offering gossip masquerading as news.

The terribly polite way Winter belittled Custis' gutter level was excellent to watch. It's clear that the two have a bit of history about that type of thing.

Chief sports editor and massive rag prick, who doesn't hide his impartiality towards them ****s
How on earth has he been given that position and allowed to write pieces like that for a local and supposedly impartial paper. I never normally pay attention to MEN because I no longer live in Manchester but I am shocked. And they call us bitter...

Just seen that Virgin Trains West Coast will no longer sell the Daily Fail. bit of a protest from the DF but as VT do not offer the Beano or the Dandy they cannot moan too much.

Not 1 media outlet reporting that we beat Bristol City with 10 men and instead concentrating how we made a meal of beating another championship side.

Playing with Yaya is like playing with 10 men.

Not 1 media outlet reporting that we beat Bristol City with 10 men and instead concentrating how we made a meal of beating another championship side.

Playing with Yaya is like playing with 10 men.

Wouldn't really expect them to report on it, when you had to explain what you meant...

Just wondering if Sam Luckhurst and "Andeee" are one and the same person.

Apart from Brennan who is a Rag but does write some decent stuff about our club the rest of the MUEN sports hacks are Rags , Luckhurst , Porter , Robson ,and all the other arse wipes , its a toss up which has more bias Yooonited We Stand or MUEN , since MGN took the paper over they totally ignore the dominance we have in football in Manchester just to generate clicks.

Bellamy on The Debate was giving it: "We have teams like man city who are owned by countries now a brilliant club like Liverpool as fantastic a club as they are can't compete with that money" Really Bellamy? They just broke a transfer record on a CB... He was doing quite well up until he let his inner dipper take over and the bitter money jibes ensued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.