Buses back to Piccadilly.

Jonny Goo

Last night's over zealous show sec guys had it in for the first bus leaving. They cocked up counting fans in and then back tracked when lads realised we were gonna be late back.
I and many others rely on getting the train at a set time, These show sec guys need to understand this.
It's why some leave early. Police got involved last night and abuse was thrown about.
Got pretty heated on that bus, not nice with young kids going.

When people go on about "empty seats" and "fans leaving early", which seem to be a major topic among supporters, they forget the root issue is the diabolical public transport to and from the Etihad. I would like to see the ground grow much larger, as I believe the potential support is there, but it's a waste of time extending unless these transport issues are resolved. The hassle of getting to and from the ground is a reason why I, for one, do not go as often as I once did, because, as I grow older, the hassle is less and less attractive. I doubt I am on my own.

As for Showsec, they are bloody useless. Massive queue on Saturday as for some reason they would not allow people to board the buses that were already standing there until they decided it was time. Then they wondered why some people in the queue started giving them grief. We never used to have these berks littering Lloyd Street South, but strangely people in those days seemed to have the wit to get on a bus unsupervised. I don't recall any great problems.

Only used the buses once v Burnley in the league game, may as well have walked was piss wet through by the time Showsec had fucked about getting people on and paid for the privilege.

Last night's over zealous show sec guys had it in for the first bus leaving. They cocked up counting fans in and then back tracked when lads realised we were gonna be late back.
I and many others rely on getting the train at a set time, These show sec guys need to understand this.
It's why some leave early. Police got involved last night and abuse was thrown about.
Got pretty heated on that bus, not nice with young kids going.

Now i dont know your physical situation but i find if heading to the station post - match then walking is much more efficient. The main road is often blocked by police/ taxis / footfall and by cutting up along the tram line (pollard st) and either down chapeltown or shore street you can often beat any bus into the back of the station?

Plus does the bus still drop you off at the gardens which is another 5-10 min walk to the station and i believe it still costs 1.50?

They have changed tactics this season. Every queue used to be individual meaning the buses in theory filled up and left quicker. Now there appears to be one long queue being filtered off. This is frustrating in the cold and rain standing there watching buses empty with the doors shut and drivers sat there.

Some fans don't help by never having their money ready and insisting on standing by the door so they can be first off, even though there are seats empty. This blocks people getting on and slows everything down even more.

I've learnt its quicker to walk back to Piccadilly.

I have around 35 minutes to get my train and have around 10 to spare.

With the bus its written off until the next one an hour later.

we did it for Liverpool 1-4 game a couple of seasons ago. For me and my lad, it takes on average about 35 mins to get out of the ground and to get to Piccadilly. The bus took nearly an hour, haven't bothered since.

Just out of interest, what's Showsecs involvement with transport. I assumed they were employed by City for crowd control and for entering the stadium etc. Didn' realise it stretched to them controlling who can get on a Stagecoach bus on a public highway.

We walk on weekend match days, but mid week we try and get back asap. Show sec were a Bit out of order last night.
Threats and accusations were made, but they don't back down or see level ground. It's their way or walk.
I can't see the club being best pleased with their attitudes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.