Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an official brief from the club, seemed absolutely adamant too.

I don't believe it was transfer posturing, they didn't need to say anything at all.

Really think it was/is as simple as City felt with five months left of his contract, they begrudge paying anything, knowing the player only wants us.

Things happen, Jesus injury happened, Pep maybe thinks we have gone off the boil a little since the original stance was shared.

I understand, but that's my point.
Why did they come out with a briefing, if they didn't need to say anything?
This is high stake poker, keep your cards unseen. Take care what you say and don't give away an easy "tell".
So what is the strategy behind to come out with such a statement saying "oh, we are happy to wait till summer!".

Its my opinion we need him now but when jesus is back we won't IMO we've done incredibly well without him so far. Don't get me wrong I will be ecstatic if we sign him just don't want the horrible cockney fuckers dicking us about for another 3 weeks
If we didn't need him when Jesus is back we wouldn't be signing him at all. We need him because we have no squad depth for Sterling and Sane 's positions.The fact he can cover Jesus is a bonus.

I dont think signing Sanchez is predicated as him being direct competition for either Kun or Jesus. He will be excellent competition for Sane imo, but the brucie bonus is that he can play across the whole front line equally effective

I agree and if he does sign I think it will be the kick up the arse sane needs

If we didn't need him when Jesus is back we wouldn't be signing him at all. We need him because we have no squad depth for Sterling and Sane 's positions.The fact he can cover Jesus is a bonus.

According to tolmie we wasn't going to sign him until Jesus injury so obviously pep felt we didn't need him to the summer too.

Its my opinion we need him now but when jesus is back we won't IMO we've done incredibly well without him so far. Don't get me wrong I will be ecstatic if we sign him just don't want the horrible cockney fuckers dicking us about for another 3 weeks

Who cares?

We're taking their best player for an embarrassingly low amount of money, after they said for months he wouldn't be let go, after they thought he'd be fine not going and were proven wrong, and he's going to be photographed with a winners medal around his neck in 4 months time after not getting one for 4 years at their club.

Why would you care about them delaying the transfer by a week when we are completely and utterly humiliating them with this transfer?

Its as nuanced as Arsenal want it to be - would you agree?

Only if you think they can also force him to play well.

I'll say it again, Arsenal don't 'hold all the cards' - That would imply no matter what happens they're coming out of this as winners. They're not. They get some money, possibly buy a replacement who isn't as good, or have an unhappy player, who doesn't guarantee them any league position or any trophies (Can't really say he's pulled up trees this season, I'd say it's fair to use as an indicator). Caught between a rock and a hard place sounds much more suitable in this instance. Of course there is a scenario in which they force him to stay and he turns it on and helps them win the EL, but knowing what we do about the deal so far and how it collapsed in the summer, does anyone really want to argue that as the most likely outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.