Singing section/Atmosphere

Interesting - I observed completely the opposite. A lot of SC holders are not in the cup scheme or didn't turn up. For Bristol and Burnley had different people around me and what a difference. Very passionate and join in the singing. I don't know if these are relocated fans or fans just picking up tickets in the cup but much more enjoyable. Back to the regulars next and a more subdued atmosphere.

The other thing is why on earth do we give opposition fans a prime location rather than sticking them high up in the corners.

its fans that cant usually afford to go. people that would go every week if it was cheaper. all you have to do was look around last night and see how many more younger people were there swell. for league games you never see that - its mainly 50+ year olds. this thread is in part a reaction to last night, but cup games aren't the problem. its league games that are awful. the burnley game and last for me were louder and there was more shouting/encouragement then most league games this season, not much in terms of singing admittedly.

for me for a lot of season ticket holders go out of habit. they dont really enjoy it. lots of season ticket holder dont bother with cup games, even if its really cheap.

Last edited:
The other thing is why on earth do we give opposition fans a prime location rather than sticking them high up in the corners.[/QUOTE]

100% with you here - to have away fans on level 1 or even level 2 is simply crazy.
Which idiot thought of that great idea ?

Don’t forget as well that a lot of season ticket holders From ss3 on the scheme were moved to ss1 last night .The problem for me is where the away fans are situated think this is the root of the problem.Think the reason the section is there is that it’s easier to police,therefore that’s why it’s the away section with easier access to Ashton New Road blah blah blah

The other thing is why on earth do we give opposition fans a prime location rather than sticking them high up in the corners.

100% with you here - to have away fans on level 1 or even level 2 is simply crazy.
Which idiot thought of that great idea ?[/QUOTE]

It's now a premier League requirement that away fans have some tickets by the pitch and not all up in the gods. I can only assume Newcastle get away with it because of police input or something along those lines. Not too sure how United do unless they say the disabled tickets in front of the section are classed as by the pitch.

Which idiot thought of that great idea ?[/QUOTE]
Where do you propose they go ? they are as far away from the pitch as possible

First of all, maximum respect for anyone proposing new ideas or more importantly actually singing their hearts out to increase the atmosphere on match days. I do think it's important however to keep perspective. Whilst there maybe things the club can do to increase atmosphere, as a general rule, the greater the expectation of the home side to win a football match (not just City but any club) - the less engaged their fan base will become. Add in the minority factor of the 'Away fan' on a booze filled day out and you have the perfect recipe for fans like Burnley on Saturday and Bristol City last night to go berzerk over winning a throw in near our penalty box. It's human nature. Personally I'm not a big singer but I celebrate any goal now as enthusiastically as I did when we were s***.

I noticed several tweets last night along the lines of 'Your team may cost 700 million but money can't buy support like this' blah blah blah - I'd be interested to know what the atmosphere is like at Ashton Gate when they play a Rotherham or any other team below them in the Pyramid they see fit to rest half their team against.

Yeah these pesky kids , they should be flicking the vs at the opposition fans and singing “you’re going to get your fucking head kicked in.”

Here we go, the singing section don’t sing and create atmosphere and it’s the family stands fault.

There are plenty of blues in the south stand and to the other side of the away fans. As for it’s much noisier at the top tier as demonstrated last night by Bristol and Burnley . Christ most games the entire top tier of the south stand is city fans.

The fact is the home fans are spoilt and want us to be a couple of goals up against top tier opposition before atmosphere is created.

Listen to our away support very vocal. I dunno may be our away fans are a bit more pissed and on a day out so we enjoy ourselves a bit more and join in the singing.

Whatever it is it’s not the family stands fault.
Think you'll find I said it was an observation not attributing blame...

First of all, maximum respect for anyone proposing new ideas or more importantly actually singing their hearts out to increase the atmosphere on match days. I do think it's important however to keep perspective. Whilst there maybe things the club can do to increase atmosphere, as a general rule, the greater the expectation of the home side to win a football match (not just City but any club) - the less engaged their fan base will become. Add in the minority factor of the 'Away fan' on a booze filled day out and you have the perfect recipe for fans like Burnley on Saturday and Bristol City last night to go berzerk over winning a throw in near our penalty box. It's human nature. Personally I'm not a big singer but I celebrate any goal now as enthusiastically as I did when we were s***.

I noticed several tweets last night along the lines of 'Your team may cost 700 million but money can't buy support like this' blah blah blah - I'd be interested to know what the atmosphere is like at Ashton Gate when they play a Rotherham or any other team below them in the Pyramid they see fit to rest half their team against.
They packed 13,000 in against stoke city in an earlier round.......place must have been rocking with all that loyal, vocal , passionate support.

Is the ground really good at projecting sounds?

I only ask because every time a thread like this pops up people in SS3 say it's bouncing and noisy up there yet it sounds silent from lvl 1, 1894 group say games were atmospheric yet from another part of the ground those same games in SS1 it sporadic and sometimes silent.
even 110/111 which sound noisy seems quieter.

Not saying these places aren't noisy but is it echoing around the ground

Now when the palce is bouncing you can hear it from all angles, but seems like if one area is singing it isn't traveling well around the ground

Where I am in120 a few sing around us including me but not enough.

Also most near me will join in with city songs and players songs but stop once songs about the rags start, unless round derny day.

Been mate and as 'Gas' said it's normally shocking that is what made me laugh last night. It's like the teams that come up from the Championship, take Bournemouth first time they came to the Etihad big following. Stoke first few seasons and so on. Look at how many Bournemouth brought this time. As soon as fans become familiar with it then the atmosphere starts to go. Look at all the bug clubs atmosphere not that great except for a few matches. Matches like last night are huge for Bristol City and hence the following and the noise level. If they were promoted after a couple of seasons the 'norm' would set in. It's not just us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.