Bundesliga 2017/18

Can any of our knowledgeable posters offer some information on attending a Hannover game? Decent atmosphere? I've read a bit about unrest amongst the supporters regarding the ownership?

What are the chances of getting tickets for Hannover vs. Bayern Munich in mid-April? Expecting it to be more difficult to get tickets to any game involving Bayern Munich tbh.

Hannover as a city - decent night out? Not wanting Ibiza, but enough decent beer and a few places that stay open into the early hours.

I wouldn't say its impossible to get tickets, but it is very, very difficult against Bayern - much easier if you try when they're playing a different team (not Dortmund either).

If you're fixed on that weekend I'd suggest registering on the ticket section of their website and keep an eye on it every few days from mid Feb for information on when they go on general sale. It is in german but you should get by with google translate. The key bits you're after are tickets or karten, and then tageskarten (day ticket rather than season ticket), and heim spiele (home game). Looks like they're selling tickets up to mid Feb currently. If you cant get one through there then the alternatives are trying a tout on the day or Viagogo.

If you're in Hannover that weekend and just want to go to any game I think you could practically get to Dortmund v Leverkusen or Hamburg v Freiburg, but Braunschweig v Bielefeld in Bundesliga 2 would be the simplest to get to from Hannover, and should be a decent crowd because they're relatively near to each other. Bear in mind the fixtures will change for TV and could be anytime between Friday and Sunday evening (or between Friday and Monday evening for Bundesliga 2).

In terms of the atmosphere, I think I'm right in saying some of their ultras are still boycotting as the owner is in the process of changing the structure of the club to give himself more control - whereas most clubs supporters have 51% of the voting rights. Basically he has been there long enough to mean that rule is no longer applied. It should still be decent if the stadium is full as I would expect it will be against Bayern.

I went a couple of years ago and they were playing someone shit like Ingolstadt ;) so the stadium was half empty and tickets were easy to come by.

As a city its ok. The new town hall is impressive and there are plenty of bars.

Booked a trip to Frankfurt in March 16th. Eintracht are playing Mainz that weekend so hoping to get tickets for that. I believe that’s a bit of a local derby. Anyone know how easy it will be to get tickets and any advice for my trip? Meant to be a great place to visit.

Magdeburg brought 1500 supporters to Bolton this afternoon for a 'behind closed doors' friendly against our Academy team. Bonkers!

Booked a trip to Frankfurt in March 16th. Eintracht are playing Mainz that weekend so hoping to get tickets for that. I believe that’s a bit of a local derby. Anyone know how easy it will be to get tickets and any advice for my trip? Meant to be a great place to visit.

You can already get tickets right now, instructions in English here: https://www.eintracht.de/en/tickets/

3/4 are already sold out, so you better be quick.

In worst case it is worth checking on matchday at the ground as Mainz usually don´t sell out their allocation.

It is a "derby" due to the fact that Mainz is relatively close to Frankfurt, but the majority of Frankfurt fans don´t really consider it a derby. Real derbies are against Offenbach and Kaiserslautern, but as both clubs unfortunately dont play Bundesliga anymore Mainz is the next best thing.

If you tell me what you want to do in Frankfurt I can point you in some directions, but a good starting point is http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=stadtfrankfurt_eval01.c.317693.en&template=hp_flash

You can already get tickets right now, instructions in English here: https://www.eintracht.de/en/tickets/

3/4 are already sold out, so you better be quick.

In worst case it is worth checking on matchday at the ground as Mainz usually don´t sell out their allocation.

It is a "derby" due to the fact that Mainz is relatively close to Frankfurt, but the majority of Frankfurt fans don´t really consider it a derby. Real derbies are against Offenbach and Kaiserslautern, but as both clubs unfortunately dont play Bundesliga anymore Mainz is the next best thing.

If you tell me what you want to do in Frankfurt I can point you in some directions, but a good starting point is http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=stadtfrankfurt_eval01.c.317693.en&template=hp_flash
Excellent thanks for this, I wasn’t able to access the club website but I’m able to get on now so will look to book the tickets this evening. I’ve spoken to a few people and heard great things. To be truthful I think I will be drinking all day Saturday and onwards in to the evening. Is there a place where Eintracht fans would drink before and after the game?

Pregame I would recommend to just go to the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) and either drink something there (redlight district and Irish Pub around the corner) or go to the ground and drink there at one of the stalls (outside the actual ground). If you stay in the train station area it has the added benefit that you can just hop on one of the trains and get to the ground (if you got a ticket it allows free train rides starting 5 hours pre kickoff until late night).

If you fancy a walk, look up for the parking lot called "Gleisdreieck" near the ground where Ultras Frankfurt have their stall and where you can buy stuff like stickers etc.

After the game I would recommend to go to "Alt Sachsenhausen" which is the bar district. You can check it out here:

http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=317578&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=5021012

Local speciality is Apfelwein/Cider which is called Aeppler or Ebbelwoi by the locals. Its definitely different to beer and I would not recommend to drink a lot of it when you are not used to it as it can give you the runs. ;-)

Pregame I would recommend to just go to the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) and either drink something there (redlight district and Irish Pub around the corner) or go to the ground and drink there at one of the stalls (outside the actual ground). If you stay in the train station area it has the added benefit that you can just hop on one of the trains and get to the ground (if you got a ticket it allows free train rides starting 5 hours pre kickoff until late night).

If you fancy a walk, look up for the parking lot called "Gleisdreieck" near the ground where Ultras Frankfurt have their stall and where you can buy stuff like stickers etc.

After the game I would recommend to go to "Alt Sachsenhausen" which is the bar district. You can check it out here:

http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=317578&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=5021012

Local speciality is Apfelwein/Cider which is called Aeppler or Ebbelwoi by the locals. Its definitely different to beer and I would not recommend to drink a lot of it when you are not used to it as it can give you the runs. ;-)
Thank you for your help. I will certainly be taking your advice. Are you an Eintracht fan yourself? Or an ex-pat City fan?

Thank you for your help. I will certainly be taking your advice. Are you an Eintracht fan yourself? Or an ex-pat City fan?
He's an Eintracht fan but we're working on it! ;)

Frankfurt reminds me of Manchester in that there's lots to do, but not many major tourist attractions if that makes sense.

If you've not booked accommodation I recommend Hotel Excelsior next to the hauptbahnhof - its cheap (fairly basic) but its the only place I've ever had a free mini bar in the room. It's easy walking distance to the old square and cathedral too from anywhere around the station, but as @Bembeltown says it's also the red light district so can be a little ropey in parts. I've been a few times and never had any bother.

If it's a clear day go up the main tower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.