Bundesliga 2017/18

Thank you for your help. I will certainly be taking your advice. Are you an Eintracht fan yourself? Or an ex-pat City fan?

Both! Well..not the ex-pat part. ;)

Born in Frankfurt, Eintracht fan ever since but adopted City as my English team when Uwe played for City.

As Aidan mentioned Frankfurt has a lot of stuff to do, but not really any major tourist attractions. Old square (called Römer) is pretty nice and so is the cathedral, Main river banks etc.

Last edited:
@Bembeltown @cptaidan88

Yes thanks lads. I’m not really one for tourist things anyway although may well go up the tower on the Friday when I arrive. I suspect we will be spending the majority of the weekend drinking lots of German beer and why not check out the red light district. Will take a look at getting a hotel around that area. If you are out and about more than happy to buy you a beer or two in return for the advice.

I’m also hoping Eintracht win so we can hear the song they play when they score!

@Bembeltown @cptaidan88

Yes thanks lads. I’m not really one for tourist things anyway although may well go up the tower on the Friday when I arrive. I suspect we will be spending the majority of the weekend drinking lots of German beer and why not check out the red light district. Will take a look at getting a hotel around that area. If you are out and about more than happy to buy you a beer or two in return for the advice.

I’m also hoping Eintracht win so we can hear the song they play when they score!

I just like going to German football when the City fixtures allow, and sometimes when they don't, but won't be going that weekend (I'm going to South America instead!).

Depending what time you get there on the Friday, and how much you like your football, you could go to see Wehen Wiesbaden v Rot Weiss Erfurt. It's 3rd tier (so League 1 equivalent) but football is always a winner in my book.

Obviously you can drink during the game too. It won't be a full house but you can get in amongst the ultras and enjoy it anyway.

I went a couple of years ago and if you get your match ticket (£8 from memory) off their website in advance of going (sent in the post not printed e-ticket), it will allow you to travel to Wiesbaden on the S-bahn from Frankfurt for free. I think it was about 25 mins away from Frankfurt, then just a 5 min walk from Wiesbaden hauptbahnhof.

I just like going to German football when the City fixtures allow, and sometimes when they don't, but won't be going that weekend (I'm going to South America instead!).

Depending what time you get there on the Friday, and how much you like your football, you could go to see Wehen Wiesbaden v Rot Weiss Erfurt. It's 3rd tier (so League 1 equivalent) but football is always a winner in my book.

Obviously you can drink during the game too. It won't be a full house but you can get in amongst the ultras and enjoy it anyway.

I went a couple of years ago and if you get your match ticket (£8 from memory) off their website in advance of going (sent in the post not printed e-ticket), it will allow you to travel to Wiesbaden on the S-bahn from Frankfurt for free. I think it was about 25 mins away from Frankfurt, then just a 5 min walk from Wiesbaden hauptbahnhof.
Interesting. Could be a good shout. I’m going to see a friend who has just moved to Frankfurt so depending on how he feels about it. Either way I like the idea of a football filled weekend.

Where in South America? One of my life ambitions is to see the super Classico at La Bombanera

An short offtopic question to all:
What do you pay per month for Premier League and international matches on sky sports?

An short offtopic question to all:
What do you pay per month for Premier League and international matches on sky sports?
The cost varies by who your provider is, and who you have internet with.

Some matches are on Sky, some are on BT Sports. Obviously only half the Premier League game are televised too - we dont show the 3pm games on a Saturday and during an "Englisch Woche" only one game is shown each night.

We only get a "Konferenz" style programme for Champions League games which are shown on BT Sports, as is the Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1. La Liga is shown on Sky. Neither can show any live football between 2.45 and 5.15 on a Saturday. Instead people watch former footballers watching the games to tell us what is happening. Its a ridiculous premise when you think about it.

I pay £40 a month for my internet and TV which includes all sky sports channels, and then my parents have BT Sports so I use their account to stream any games on there.

You can get deals to make it cheaper for maybe 6 months but I reckon there will be people paying over £70 (€80ish) per month to get both.

I go to most games anyway though so rarely get the chance to watch games on it, so it could be argued its a tremendous waste of money. I have been able to stream games that aren't televised in the UK (and I know I could stream the games that are) so I probably don't need it at all.

Last edited:
Thank you very much,
So its not easy to compare with our advertising sports channel called SKY .
Think I go for Schalke TV and the relive matches of my club.
I am sick of all the advertising during a live match I better watch it after final whistle and travel to more away games

Off to Frankfurt v Monchengladbach tomorrow and then hopefully the continuation of the Cologne revival on Saturday.

Possibly Leverkusen v Mainz on Sunday, but that’s alcohol permitting.

Also, has anyone ever been to Osnabruck? I'm considering their home game, the night after Basel.

Off to Frankfurt v Monchengladbach tomorrow and then hopefully the continuation of the Cologne revival on Saturday.

Possibly Leverkusen v Mainz on Sunday, but that’s alcohol permitting.

Also, has anyone ever been to Osnabruck? I'm considering their home game, the night after Basel.
Let us know how you get on. As mentioned above I’m going to Frankfurt in March.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.