Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of miss the days when Arsenal were a decent side. Even though I detest them all, I think I loathe them the least out of Spurs, United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

They are long overdue a change in management, though.

Old beliefs in the game included that you needed a long term manager with total control to have sustained success. In fairness to utd this was true but at Arsenal it was less so....unless relatively consistent finishes in the league and a few recent cups are the measure.

But it's a dangerous long term strategy as proved at utd. Did anyone even consider the risks of becoming so reliant on the manager? (I hope we are considering this from the off with Pep)

I bet everyone at Arsenal are fretting The day that Wenger leaves as much as they are looking forward to it.They better get ready to start spending big.

Old beliefs in the game included that you needed a long term manager with total control to have sustained success. In fairness to utd this was true but at Arsenal it was less so....unless relatively consistent finishes in the league and a few recent cups are the measure.

But it's a dangerous long term strategy as proved at utd. Did anyone even consider the risks of becoming so reliant on the manager? (I hope we are considering this from the off with Pep)

I bet everyone at Arsenal are fretting The day that Wenger leaves as much as they are looking forward to it.They better get ready to start spending big.
They won't do that if it means losing the "Balance sheet of the Year" trophy.

After GPC left the swamp I looked into this, I'd have to go it again to get proper numbers, but the top teams in Europe – Barca, Real and Bayern all had approx 10-14 managers in the time Baconface was managing the scum, and they were all more successful in the number of trophies won – domestic and, most importantly for them, European.
The old myth that sticking with a manager will mean stability and bring succss, like the Rags and Arsenal have done, isn't true!

After GPC left the swamp I looked into this, I'd have to go it again to get proper numbers, but the top teams in Europe – Barca, Real and Bayern all had approx 10-14 managers in the time Baconface was managing the scum, and they were all more successful in the number of trophies won – domestic and, most importantly for them, European.
The old myth that sticking with a manager will mean stability and bring succss, like the Rags and Arsenal have done, isn't true!
Well it's definitely true that once a long term manager goes you are in rough waters. At Arsenal it could be better the devil you know. :-)

(But it's just putting off the inevitable of course - love it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.