Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

No. It would be stupid to shoehorn a scene where he literally has the plans in his grasp and for whatever reason does not use the force to grab them after literally showing the audience that he can just do that!

You can't have it both ways. You can't justify his lightsaber wielding "badass-ery" saying he is angry and desperate to get the plans, and then excuse him for not actually doing it when he has the chance. They're literally right there! Why go on a rampage and then not actually secure them? That's why the scene is so disjointed.

There could have been a myriad of ways of having a Vader cameo at the end of Rogue One to segue into a New Hope. Having the scene that they chose completely betrays the tone set at the start of a New Hope, and moreover is completely flawed from a basic storytelling premise as it doesn't add up.

Tbf he rampages a lot in Rebels destroying ships and fighters, and anything in his path.

As for the plans he is busy killing rebel fighters at the time who are shooting at him, he is hardly gonna be just stood there using the force to get them while being shot at.

It as decent an ending as you could get that didn't change the link to the next film as the plans ended up where they needed to be with leia

In my opinion.

They’re either just out of reach or he’s dealing with lasers being fired at him when they’re in reach, I feel you’re nitpicking.

Sorry mate. Not having it. He literally force lifts one of the guys into the roof. He simply could have just force pulled the guy close to him and grabbed the plans from his hands.

Tbf he rampages a lot in Rebels destroying ships and fighters, and anything in his path.

As for the plans he is busy killing rebel fighters at the time who are shooting at him, he is hardly gonna be just stood there using the force to get them while being shot at.

It as decent an ending as you could get that didn't change the link to the next film as the plans ended up where they needed to be with leia

In my opinion.

Having not seen Rebels, I can't comment, but was merely pointing out the contrast between Rogue 1 and ANH. And to your point about "hardly gonna be just stood there using the force to get them while being shot at" at 1:10 in the clip he does exactly that!

Why didn't he force grab the plans from the guys hand? He does it to their guns (in fact force grabs a heap of guns), why is holding plans any different?

Lazy storytelling, thats why. Due to shoehorning in a scene purely for fan service.

I can rationalise it, without basing it on bad writing.

Did he know who had the plans? I don't think Jedi can read minds, just influence them.
It's possible Vader went "hmm, disarm" not realising that the plans carrier was escaping (yes, it's an error of judgement and coincidence, but plots have those). He then just got angry because he'd failed.
Later, he was more under control as he was back in charge.
I'm fine with that.

No. It would be stupid to shoehorn a scene where he literally has the plans in his grasp and for whatever reason does not use the force to grab them after literally showing the audience that he can just do that!

You can't have it both ways. You can't justify his lightsaber wielding "badass-ery" saying he is angry and desperate to get the plans, and then excuse him for not actually doing it when he has the chance. They're literally right there! Why go on a rampage and then not actually secure them? That's why the scene is so disjointed.

There could have been a myriad of ways of having a Vader cameo at the end of Rogue One to segue into a New Hope. Having the scene that they chose completely betrays the tone set at the start of a New Hope, and moreover is completely flawed from a basic storytelling premise as it doesn't add up.

My understanding of the force is it requires incredible concentration and focus to use it. We saw this in empire when Yoda had Luke lift rocks while standing upside down. He was getting Luke to focus on doing 2 things at once. The reason Vader cannot simply force pull the plans to him is because he is focused on the blaster fire. Plus it's good strategy. Take out the hostiles then get the plans. He probably did not realise the blockade runner, a ship designed to get past bigger ships,was attached.

So the book of art for TLJ has revealed the main plot of luke/rey and the idea of tge jedi temple amongst otger things are all from Lucas original idea for episode 7 before he sold the rights to disney and JJ binned his vision.

Looks like Johnson revisited Lucas vision and used some of it, wouldn't this make TLJ more of a star wars film than people are giving it credit.

Not quite.

Lucas' theory for Episode VII was highly influenced by the Expanded Universe, in which Luke also set up a new Jedi Order/Temple. I can't quite remember who specifically, but another relation to Luke also turned to the Sith in this story; it was a Solo, if memory serves me correct. So, yeah, in that regard, the two plot lines are rather similar. What people have a problem about, however, is that in Lucas' and the Expanded Universe, Luke at now point betrayed his entire character arc and attempted to murder this relation who had turned.

Not quite.

Lucas' theory for Episode VII was highly influenced by the Expanded Universe, in which Luke also set up a new Jedi Order/Temple. I can't quite remember who specifically, but another relation to Luke also turned to the Sith in this story; it was a Solo, if memory serves me correct. So, yeah, in that regard, the two plot lines are rather similar. What people have a problem about, however, is that in Lucas' and the Expanded Universe, Luke at now point betrayed his entire character arc and attempted to murder this relation who had turned.
In the EU Luke had a son Ben, Han and Leia had Jacen and Jaina, Jacen turned to the dark side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.