Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
From an Arsenal forum

The most frightening thing about the direction of this club is how much further away from the top than we've ever been in my lifetime. It's not the fact we're shite - which we are. Or that we're playing the worst football we've played in 2 decades-which we are.

It's that the chasm that exists between us and Europe's big boys is wider than ever despite the fact we're spending more on transfers than ever and have a £200m wage bill for a squad that will be no better than Southampton's when Alexis leaves us. We moved away from Highbury to enable us compete with the giants of Europe. It's actually pretty funny when you remember that.

What is scary is how much worse things could turn out for us. There's every possibility of replicating the mid-table struggles of the likes of post-Benitez Liverpool or the Milan giants. With the kind of inflation that exists in the current market, it would take massive investment in replacing Alexis, Ozil and Cazorla just to be competitive in the top 4 (anyone still dreaming of us finishing in the top 4 this season is having a laugh).

Adding to the financial challenge is the fact we have no players of value to offload. There's a lot of worthless deadwood.who we could offer for free and clubs would STILL turn them down due to their absurd wages. We have by a pretty large margin, the least valuable squad of players in the top 6. Adding to the hilarity is our most valuable players are leaving on a free.

If Wenger rid us of his incompetence and a new manager came in, I think people underestimate just how deep the rot is for a new man to clean up. Everything from our squad, to our academy (also the worst in the top 6) would need a massive overhaul. How the hell did it get to this after our move to the Emirates was supposed to take us to a new era ?
Sadly the truth. Yet they have to start somewhere, and Wenger has to leave first.

A fresh face at the helm, with fresh tactics and ideas will revitalize their squad, however much. Of course, all these has to begin from their owners, who unfortunately, consistently displays a lack of ambition every season. At every season's end, Stanley Kroenke goes "Oh, we are still in the top 10, it ain't that bad." As much as Wenger hates to admit it, to compete at the top level, you HAVE to spend BIG - both on quality and quantity.

There's a huge power creep in the league, and unfortunately Arsenal's the one being left in the dust.

Sadly the truth. Yet they have to start somewhere, and Wenger has to leave first.

A fresh face at the helm, with fresh tactics and ideas will revitalize their squad, however much. Of course, all these has to begin from their owners, who unfortunately, consistently displays a lack of ambition every season. At every season's end, Stanley Kroenke goes "Oh, we are still in the top 10, it ain't that bad." As much as Wenger hates to admit it, to compete at the top level, you HAVE to spend BIG - both on quality and quantity.

There's a huge power creep in the league, and unfortunately Arsenal's the one being left in the dust.

There is absolutely FUCKING ZERO sad or unfortunate about their state of affairs.

Wenger poked at City every chance he got as our club grew and got better. He was a champion of FFP because it would lock City out and his club in to a positive future. He is the King of Rationalizations when he fails -- there's no one in the modern game close, including Mourinho. Their fans are as a rule entitled, smug, have had a moral superiority complex for ages (i.e. as soon as they started faltering on the pitch, so they adopted the "class" and "proper accounting" mantle as their new trophies), boo their own when they leave to win things elsewhere and/or get paid a market wage and, lest we forget, are in London.

For every City fan Aguerooooooooo is their top goal as a Blue for the last several decades. But for me, running that an exceedingly close second, is Adebayor's run and slide against them after he scored. The most delicious fuck you ever. And he stomped on Van Persie's face to boot.

Fuck them and the horses they rode in on. I hate them. Their every moan is like music to my ears.

There is absolutely FUCKING ZERO sad or unfortunate about their state of affairs.

Wenger poked at City every chance he got as our club grew and got better. He was a champion of FFP because it would lock City out and his club in to a positive future. He is the King of Rationalizations when he fails -- there's no one in the modern game close, including Mourinho. Their fans are as a rule entitled, smug, have had a moral superiority complex for ages (i.e. as soon as they started faltering on the pitch, so they adopted the "class" and "proper accounting" mantle as their new trophies), boo their own when they leave to win things elsewhere and/or get paid a market wage and, lest we forget, are in London.

For every City fan Aguerooooooooo is their top goal as a Blue for the last several decades. But for me, running that an exceedingly close second, is Adebayor's run and slide against them after he scored. The most delicious fuck you ever. And he stomped on Van Persie's face to boot.

Fuck them and the horses they rode in on. I hate them. Their every moan is like music to my ears.
I don't like them either :-)

Bang on the money.

Spot-on. A truly despicable club. Not much media coverage of their fans racist abuse of Adebayor that day was there? He confirmed it in a recent interview. They are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world and choose to funnel their profits back to their super-rich owners rather than invest in their club or their local community. Meanwhile £10m a year Wenger sneers at us and accuses us of financial doping. The biggest hypocrites in football.

The biggest hypocrites in football.
Quite. The gang of five tried to fix the prem.The gang of 14 tried to fix Europe. All the while Arsenal were there, trying to feather their own nest, with Wenger pretending it was all for fair play. Well, they all failed. With Kronke in charge, they will just sink lower. If he goes, I wonder what their attitude will be, when they realize the millions it will take to put things right. On the prem's domestic FFP rules, Wenger said "I would never have voted for them, had I known the effect they would have".(Arsenal face financial restrictions).
I don't hate them (only the rags) but I'm glad the hypocrisy of Wenger is going to reap its deserved reward.

On the prem's domestic FFP rules, Wenger said "I would never have voted for them, had I known the effect they would have".(Arsenal face financial restrictions).

Funny, considering he didn't just vote for them, he proposed them, lobbied for them and had a hand in designing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.