UEFA Team of the year(KDB First City player to be included)

Great to see KDB in the list but David Silva should be in that team as well.

No place for #Pogback?

Either way, I'm sure his PR team will be sat around discussing whether they should organise a jazzy new haircut for him or bung Owen Hargreaves a few bob to claim he's world class every time he's near a microphone. Reminds me a little bit of Trading Places i.e. how can we convince everyone that an obviously mediocre player is worth £100 million?

Contrary to most, I like these things because they act as great markers of how our team is viewed around the world and outside the City or even UK bubble.

These things are popularity contests based on reputation, but that's pretty important to our upper management trying to establish itself as one of the world's elite clubs. To get into these things you need to win major trophies in Europe, have sustained domestic success and have the global reach, marketing and fanbase to then have your players voted in to them.

In many ways, the club will have arrived where Soriano, Txiki & Pep want us to be when we get 3 or 4 players into one of these things, this kind of popular recognition is the byproduct of what they're setting out to achieve on and off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.