House Buying / Selling Thread

My house went on the market yesterday.
I've got 9 viewings booked in over the next few days so a good start - but it does only take one and you could have 1000 and still not sell it.

Another woman wants to view but we are going to say no. Her max is 5k under our price and she has already agreed to buy one but is looking to pull out of it and go for something else instead. Don't like the sound of this as she could then do the same to us a few weeks down the line and she is involved in a chain which would collapse if she were to pull out.

My house went on the market yesterday.
I've got 9 viewings booked in over the next few days so a good start - but it does only take one and you could have 1000 and still not sell it.

Another woman wants to view but we are going to say no. Her max is 5k under our price and she has already agreed to buy one but is looking to pull out of it and go for something else instead. Don't like the sound of this as she could then do the same to us a few weeks down the line and she is involved in a chain which would collapse if she were to pull out.
th

Sorry for another bump.
I've had loads of interest in my house and I'm now pretty sure that we are going to get an offer on Monday - possibly more than 1. Have two coming for 2nd viewings over the weekend, one is bringing parents with them and are cancelling another 2nd viewing they were doing. Also got another 9 booked in over the weekend for 1st viewings.

If two or more offer the full asking price how do we go about getting the best asking price? Can we do sealed bids over the price and can we ask for a deposit (E.g. £2k) in case they pull out?

I wouldn’t.

Many people, including me, would walk if you started demanding deposits before any surveys have been carried out.

Much more important is the circumstances of the buyers.

How do they differ.

First time buyers with no property to sell are far better than anyone in a chain.

Or just let your agent deal with it. That’s what you’re paying them for. Let them play the buyers off each other to see who’ll up the offer.

I wouldn’t.

Many people, including me, would walk if you started demanding deposits before any surveys have been carried out.

How do they differ.

First time buyers with no property to sell are far better than anyone in a chain.

Or just let your agent deal with it. That’s what you’re paying them for. Let them play the buyers off each other to see who’ll up the offer.
Most people looking round will be first time buyers so can't compare them in that way - would check that they had the funds to complete first.
The estate agents are on a flat fee for the sale so probably won't give a shit how much it goes for.
Anyway, I am probably being over optimistic anyway and might only get offers below the asking price.

Most people looking round will be first time buyers so can't compare them in that way - would check that they had the funds to complete first.
The estate agents are on a flat fee for the sale so probably won't give a shit how much it goes for.
Anyway, I am probably being over optimistic anyway and might only get offers below the asking price.
If you get a lot of interest, ask for written best and final offers and proof of funds by a set date. I had to do this on a house i missed out on 18 months ago. It was on for 145k and 2 of us bid 160k.

I wouldn’t.

How do they differ.

That sounds to me like excellent advice.

It's easy this house selling.
Been on since Tuesday and we have had 4 offers so far - 2 at asking price and one above from a cash buyer. Expecting at least 2 more offers from viewings we've had today. Maybe a sign that we put on too low - our agent wanted us to go even lower though.

Now to find a house!

Good luck mate..............I had one **** give me an ultimatum of £20k lower a week before completion........I sold it to someone else 6 weeks later

Proof of funds per acceptable bid sounds fine to me. Either a mortgage offer in writing from the lending or similar.

When my mum sold her home, she chose a family over a clear buy to let landlord because she preferred them despite the lower bid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.