January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much have we to play with realistically. Read something about PL FFPR and us not being able to spend a lot? I know that’s all relative but will it be enough for say Sanchez and a CH or choice of one?

How much have we to play with realistically. Read something about PL FFPR and us not being able to spend a lot? I know that’s all relative but will it be enough for say Sanchez and a CH or choice of one?

Probably enough to get Sanchez. He's been the only target the club has been vocal about.

we'll have enough for Sanchez and a CB, but hence why we're linked to multiple CBs and trying to haggle as much as possible.

Ive always felt that signing a player in January is a sign of desperation , but obviously the Jesus injury puts a different slant on things . From being ambivalent about Sánchez , it’s starting to make sense . I think the United interest is a ‘ red herring ‘ and nothing more than a spoiler.

I think of more interest is where we might go in the Summer : some of the players linked with City make absolute sense : Inigo Martinez , centre half at Real Sociedad.
Philip Max, left back at Augsburg
Fred, defensive mid at Shakhtar Donetsk
Jean Michel Seri, attacking mid at Nice
Kalidou Koulibaly, centre half at Napoli , ditto Faouzi Ghoulam at Napoli

( I’m genuinely struggling to come up with a home grown talent that would be genuinely available or even bring anything to the table, although Tarkowski and Mee have been outstanding ) Throw in a summer bid for a Dybala, Icardi or a Lewandowski and we could really push on from a League title which is ours to lose. We need to strengthen the squad , otherwise we’ll make the same mistakes of recent years when we’ve had our boot on the throats of rival teams and took it off. Guardiola doesn’t strike me as a manager to think he’s got anything near the perfect squad of players at the moment . This City set up will get better and better which will only make rivals around us more desperate. Any thoughts ?

Ive always felt that signing a player in January is a sign of desperation , but obviously the Jesus injury puts a different slant on things . From being ambivalent about Sánchez , it’s starting to make sense . I think the United interest is a ‘ red herring ‘ and nothing more than a spoiler.

I think of more interest is where we might go in the Summer : some of the players linked with City make absolute sense : Inigo Martinez , centre half at Real Sociedad.
Philip Max, left back at Augsburg
Fred, defensive mid at Shakhtar Donetsk
Jean Michel Seri, attacking mid at Nice
Kalidou Koulibaly, centre half at Napoli , ditto Faouzi Ghoulam at Napoli

( I’m genuinely struggling to come up with a home grown talent that would be genuinely available or even bring anything to the table, although Tarkowski and Mee have been outstanding ) Throw in a summer bid for a Dybala, Icardi or a Lewandowski and we could really push on from a League title which is ours to lose. We need to strengthen the squad , otherwise we’ll make the same mistakes of recent years when we’ve had our boot on the throats of rival teams and took it off. Guardiola doesn’t strike me as a manager to think he’s got anything near the perfect squad of players at the moment . This City set up will get better and better which will only make rivals around us more desperate. Any thoughts ?

Sanchez is probably the only logical player to buy in this window and I'd wait for the summer for the rest. Seri is a good shout. I wonder if he's good enough to play Fernandinho's role.

http://goal.com/article/uuid/41684062

Sam Lee’s latest article regarding Sanchez and United’s interest claims that we’re also trying to tie up a 3rd player (after Sanchez and Evans) who would arrive in the summer. Is he referring to the player Mullock was talking about a few weeks ago?

Who is the mystery player??

Most likely to be Fred or Weigl, strongly linked with both in a position we need to strengthen but both cup tied in the Champion's League so a January move makes less sense than a Summer one.

Most likely to be Fred or Weigl, strongly linked with both in a position we need to strengthen but both cup tied in the Champion's League so a January move makes less sense than a Summer one.
Another rumour. Played in Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.