Singing section/Atmosphere

Occasionally it was great (usually against united), but it certainly wasn't incredible 90% of the time.

The MR atmosphere is pretty much a myth, unless we were on a great season, and most often we weren't.

Also it was rarely anywhere near full, unlike now.

Said this loads. What a myth it was that great. Occasionally like it is now

Is the ground really good at projecting sounds?

I only ask because every time a thread like this pops up people in SS3 say it's bouncing and noisy up there yet it sounds silent from lvl 1, 1894 group say games were atmospheric yet from another part of the ground those same games in SS1 it sporadic and sometimes silent.
even 110/111 which sound noisy seems quieter.

Not saying these places aren't noisy but is it echoing around the ground

Now when the palce is bouncing you can hear it from all angles, but seems like if one area is singing it isn't traveling well around the ground

Where I am in120 a few sing around us including me but not enough.

Also most near me will join in with city songs and players songs but stop once songs about the rags start, unless round derny day.

I'm in 120 also, that doesn't matter though ha. I hate the billion in the bank song, the most arrogant song there is. Also we're just a shit Man United, their name should never be in songs at City especially like that. On big games the atmosphere is superb, when Sergio scored his 2nd against Burnley everyone was still up from the first and it was a huge noise

Random question, what's the last line to the Gabriel Jesus, Brazillian genius song? Can never catch it so only sing the first two lines haha

I'm in 120 also, that doesn't matter though ha. I hate the billion in the bank song, the most arrogant song there is. Also we're just a shit Man United, their name should never be in songs at City especially like that. On big games the atmosphere is superb, when Sergio scored his 2nd against Burnley everyone was still up from the first and it was a huge noise
Never thought it was arrogant myself...thought it was funny and ironic that we could have all this money and still fook it up

but tbf we haven't fucked it up since having the money, so the song makes no sense
I get that, however we always had that typical City brand...we could be 3 up with 5 mins to go and we were still nervous , but that was a long time ago. Oh how things have changed!

I get that, however we always had that typical City brand...we could be 3 up with 5 mins to go and we were still nervous , but that was a long time ago. Oh how things have changed!

Still a pretty awful song, niether funny or relevant.

I get still singing we never win at home still that's a classic (was my favourite song for years whe it was true) and also piss taking of where we now are, never cared for billion in the bank one

Always get more noise round me from

You are my city
were not really here
best team in the land
and on the unfortunately rare occasion that it gets sung
we've got an M an A a C etc

songs like billion and it's only 6-1 were good at their inception, but irrevelevant now hence why you don't hear oddfield 2 morley 1 song anymore time has pst and these songs were for time around certain events imho.

Last edited:
Still a pretty awful song, niether funny or relevant.

I get still singing we never win at home still that's a classic (was my favourite song for years whe it was true) and also piss taking of where we now are, never cared for billion in the bank one

Always get more noise round me from

You are my city
were not really here
best team in the land

and on the unfortunately rare occasion that it gets sung
we've got an M an A a C etc

songs like billion and it's only 6-1 were good at tgeir inception, but irrevelevant now hence why you don't hear oddfield 2 morley 1 song anymore time has pst and tgise songs were for time around certain events imho.

Agree on those 3, They are old classics that get us older boys singing

Occasionally it was great (usually against united), but it certainly wasn't incredible 90% of the time.

The MR atmosphere is pretty much a myth, unless we were on a great season, and most often we weren't.

Also it was rarely anywhere near full, unlike now.
When I used to stand in Kippax the atmosphere was great, then moved to North Stand and again had a great singing section in there, the atmosphere at Maine Road for me was great and no myth

When I used to stand in Kippax the atmosphere was great, then moved to North Stand and again had a great singing section in there, the atmosphere at Maine Road for me was great and no myth

I'm with Cleavers, yes some games the kippax was amazing (charlton) for one that springs to mind. Most of the memories from the Kippax come from hooliganism. The away end being in such close proximity. The stairs at the back was always abuse and missiles coming over and then in the stand. There was always coins flying about and fans charging each other. Its massively different now and the demographic has changed. I saw Bristol fans singing as they walked around the forecourt. That would never have happened at MR they would have been filled in. So football has changed and the paying public want something different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.