FC United Thread

When did I say it was okay for neighbors to have to put up with noise? If there is a genuine complaint to be had here then make sure your friend informs us of the inconvenience and do let us all know when they get a reply. I'm sure if any mistakes were made we can rectify them should the scenario occur again.

You do have to be a member to post there but I've seen screenshots in this thread from there so someone is clearly an FCUM member ;)

Sounds like your gripe is with the council and not our football club on that one, at least we are saving the taxpayer from having to pay to cut the grass.

I'm not bothered if some angry people on an Internet forum don't change their mind. You're talking about my club so what's the harm in me joining in the subject matter?

Was disappointed in city and the supporters when you sold to Shinawatra, there ought to of been protests on the scale of United with the Glazers, if not even more venomous, but there wasn't a wimper and now you're just like every other football club chasing the investment.

Was your first paragraph supposed to be negative? Sounds about right aside from the fake part. Who on earth from FC United goes to Salford? Aside from NYD when we play them of course. Our clubs couldn't be any more different. Besides have you experienced the atmosphere at Salford City? There's no way any of our lot are in there you can hear a pin drop.

Actually the membership card makes you an owner, you don't need to be a member to support the club, keep up.

Football is about loyalty yes but not blind loyalty at whatever cost. My loyalty diminished when I had to make a choice about whether to put money into the pockets of a parasitic American businessman who wanted to use my money to pay off the debt he'd forced onto my club, fuck that! You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise you end up supporting war criminals, slave owners and torturers, whoops ;)

You do realise our crowds are up on our pre Broadhurst Park attendances don't you? Nah didn't think so.

I'm not sure you quite understand the mind of Ken Loach mate, unless you're not talking about the Ken Loach who can often be seen at FC United matches and events with nothing but glowing praise for the club? The same Ken Loach who invited our supporters to be extras in his Looking for Eric movie? We on about the same guy?

Steve Evets who played the lead in Looking for Eric pops up quite frequently too.
I didnt say you said it was ok. You asked me what are you supposed to say. Well an apology would be welcome I suspect. Yet all we get is "contact the council and complain and if we made mistakes they can be rectified".
Absolute shite. How do you rectify people losing a good nights rep? I hope the council fine you if found to have taken the piss.
You have no shame in taking money from anyone for any cause as long as it ends up in the clubs coffers.
And money for cutting the grass was already in the councils budget. They just didn't do it - or maybe some council Gardener got laid off because you are now doing his or her work....

Do you have a girlfriend yet?
Why, you interested? Sorry but you aren't my type.
I used to work with a guy who was part of the group who set up the club. He followed the Rags all over but he wasn't particularly interested in football! You couldn't have a general football conversation with him as he had little knowledge of the game. Odd.
Cool story, who is this guy? Should be pretty well known if he was active in our formation.
I didnt say you said it was ok. You asked me what are you supposed to say. Well an apology would be welcome I suspect. Yet all we get is "contact the council and complain and if we made mistakes they can be rectified".
Absolute shite. How do you rectify people losing a good nights rep? I hope the council fine you if found to have taken the piss.
You have no shame in taking money from anyone for any cause as long as it ends up in the clubs coffers.
And money for cutting the grass was already in the councils budget. They just didn't do it - or maybe some council Gardener got laid off because you are now doing his or her work....
Well then I'm sorry if someone had to contend with unacceptable levels of noise as a result of a decision taken by my club. As I said though we make mistakes and the relevant people should be informed so that there isn't a repeat. I look forward to hearing the response from someone who was directly involved in the decision. Keep us posted.

"You have no shame in taking money from anyone for any cause as long as it ends up in the clubs coffers. " C'mon now this is clearly BS, I mean we don't even have a sponsor on our shirts. Not to mention we had a very split members vote on whether or not to allow gambling companies to sponsor us.

Cool story, who is this guy? Should be pretty well known if he was active in our formation.

Well then I'm sorry if someone had to contend with unacceptable levels of noise as a result of a decision taken by my club. As I said though we make mistakes and the relevant people should be informed so that there isn't a repeat. I look forward to hearing the response from someone who was directly involved in the decision. Keep us posted.

"You have no shame in taking money from anyone for any cause as long as it ends up in the clubs coffers. " C'mon now this is clearly BS, I mean we don't even have a sponsor on our shirts. Not to mention we had a very split members vote on whether or not to allow gambling companies to sponsor us.
If you’re the guy with the Ian Brown haircut crouched down on that picture you posted the other day, then it’s a no from me. Grown men over egging their Mancunian-ness in an attempt to look trendy is a real turn off sorry.

If you’re the guy with the Ian Brown haircut crouched down on that picture you posted the other day, then it’s a no from me. Grown men over egging their Mancunian-ness in an attempt to look trendy is a real turn off sorry.

0377CD210000044D-2927972-image-m-32_1422351667041.jpg

this is me and my carer any chance

Residents shouldn't have to put up with mistakes before you rectify them. So when a company approach the club offering money so they can park many trucks and trailors on the land and want to film inside the ground - the club has a responsibility to ask at what time of day are said vehicles to be moved around? What time of day is the filming. What disruption is it likely to cause noise wise and traffic wise.
And if the answer is "well trucks will be arriving and coming and going in the evening and filming will take place late at night and the generators will be on for a good few hours into the evening....". Then the response from the club should not be "fuck it, give us the money and if anyone complains then we will say we are sorry and lessons will be learned."

And yes I knew you would mention shirt sponsors (or lack of) when I write that. Did members get to vote on whether the vehicles and filming should take place? Thought not.

Last edited:

Wasn’t supposed to be a cool story. I won't give his name to some Herbert on Bluemoon, if it's all the same to you. He's very well known in the Rags circle of fans. Put it this way, of the very small number of guys who set the club up, they will all know who I'm talking about.

Residents shouldn't have to put up with mistakes before you rectify them. So when a company approach the club offering money so they can park many trucks and trailors on the land and want to film inside the ground - the club has a responsibility to ask at what time of day are said vehicles to be moved around? What time of day is the filming. What disruption is it likely to cause noise wise and traffic wise.
And if the answer is "well trucks will be arriving and coming and going in the evening and filming will take place late at night and the generators will be on for a good few hours into the evening....". Then the response from the club should not be "fuck it, give us the money and if anyone complains then we will say we are sorry and lessons will be learned."

And yes I knew you would mention shirt sponsors (or lack of) when I write that. Did members get to vote on whether the vehicles and filming should take place? Thought not.
Mistakes happen this is an unfortunate fact of life but presuming what conversation took place isn't really going to help anyone. As I said take it through the proper channels and get a response from someone who has some actual knowledge of the arrangement, I can't help you.

Of course we never got to vote on that, nor should we have. It's not up to the members to micro manage the club that's what we have full time employees for. Our employees have to answer to our CEO, our CEO answers to the board and the board answers to the members. That being said if our members felt the need to force this kind of decision to a members vote or indeed prevent all filming arrangements in the future then we could easily do that, but it's a no from me and I suspect the vast majority.

Wasn’t supposed to be a cool story. I won't give his name to some Herbert on Bluemoon, if it's all the same to you. He's very well known in the Rags circle of fans. Put it this way, of the very small number of guys who set the club up, they will all know who I'm talking about.
Fair enough. Plenty at the club with an in depth football knowledge though. Takes all sorts I suppose perhaps he followed United for the craic then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.