City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I park about a mile away and walk. What's the problem? We haven't always had trams and I'm not stuck in a jam.

For what it's worth my guess is that we have a very old set of season ticket holders. Being old they can afford to buy a ticket and not go to some of the games. If they do go they will be wanting their dinner/bed so leave early and don't fancy the walk.

Our match going support has a distinct lack of male 20-30 year olds. They are out there but cannot attend as the ground is often sold out with people waiting for a top six game before they go.

This is what makes the pricing difficult. By reducing ticket prices it just means that the older city fans will keep their ticket and not attend some as it's still worth it to them on a price per game attended basis. Have to find some way for new fans to get in and actually stay to watch the match.

Just look at the people Cheesey interviews after the game....average age 89?

It will change but it will take a few years yet.

As for atmosphere well 50-60 year olds don't tend to jump around that much and like peace and quiet. When they do wake up it's only to grumble that something isn't right or comfortable ;-)

It's not City's fault it's United for nicking a generation of fans that would have been blues. There are plenty of blues aged 8-13 though so they will eventually filter through.

No, it's just the youngsters have to choose between their habits in the bogs or watching the match. When they do stagger into daylight it's purely to be aggressive, barge into people and knock kids over, shout abuse and sing paedo and other disgusting songs before being turfed out, and starting squabbles and hurling abuse on public transport afterwards.

I'd take the old fogey crowd any day.

I park about a mile away and walk. What's the problem? We haven't always had trams and I'm not stuck in a jam.

For what it's worth my guess is that we have a very old set of season ticket holders. Being old they can afford to buy a ticket and not go to some of the games. If they do go they will be wanting their dinner/bed so leave early and don't fancy the walk.

Our match going support has a distinct lack of male 20-30 year olds. They are out there but cannot attend as the ground is often sold out with people waiting for a top six game before they go.

This is what makes the pricing difficult. By reducing ticket prices it just means that the older city fans will keep their ticket and not attend some as it's still worth it to them on a price per game attended basis. Have to find some way for new fans to get in and actually stay to watch the match.

Just look at the people Cheesey interviews after the game....average age 89?

It will change but it will take a few years yet.

As for atmosphere well 50-60 year olds don't tend to jump around that much and like peace and quiet. When they do wake up it's only to grumble that something isn't right or comfortable ;-)

It's not City's fault it's United for nicking a generation of fans that would have been blues. There are plenty of blues aged 8-13 though so they will eventually filter through.

I'm sure you're not being entirely serious, but it's ridiculous to make this a generational thing.

No, it's just the youngsters have to choose between their habits in the bogs or watching the match. When they do stagger into daylight it's purely to be aggressive, barge into people and knock kids over, shout abuse and sing paedo and other disgusting songs before being turfed out, and starting squabbles and hurling abuse on public transport afterwards.

I'd take the old fogey crowd any day.
Like Cobwebcat, I think your "sample" is just a little over exaggerated, as there seem to be plenty who just enjoy the football, and support the club in the right way.

I'd take the City fans I see over either sample.

Like Cobwebcat, I think your "sample" is just a little over exaggerated, as there seem to be plenty who just enjoy the football, and support the club in the right way.

I'd take the City fans I see over either sample.

deliberately so, given the post it's replying to. There's an inherent truth in there though.

I'm sure you're not being entirely serious, but it's ridiculous to make this a generational thing.

Definitely some truth is this even if a tad exagerated. Being of the older generation though did not stop me walking a fair distance to get to the ground and I would definitely NOT leave early.

Definitely some truth is this even if a tad exagerated. Being of the older generation though did not stop me walking a fair distance to get to the ground and I would definitely NOT leave early.

My uncle has left on 86 minutes for more or less every home game for as long as i can remember. I think it stemmed from Maine Road when we wanted a quick exit.

He was away for 93.20 but he's adamant he would have left on 86 mins that day. Cannot change him.

I'm 84 years old and I regularly snort powder in the toilets and get aggressively drunk. I also sing along with every song and stay more than 25 minutes after every game. Calling people paedo is part of the game and knocking over kids builds character.

I'm 84 years old and I regularly snort powder in the toilets and get aggressively drunk. I also sing along with every song and stay more than 25 minutes after every game. Calling people paedo is part of the game and knocking over kids builds character.

I'm nearly 96 and do much worse than that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.